ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help!! Aux belt issues

Stage 2 172 Turbo
I need a bit of help here please, the pas pump let go last week on the 172t. Replaced the pump on Wednesday but now the belt tensioner is jammed up against the pas pulley/belt. The only thing changed was the pump itself, the pulley,belt and tensioner are all the same as came off so can't work out what I have done wrong:mad:. I have checked and double checked all the obvious things and belt is 100% routed correctly around all the pulleys. Below is a couple of pics to try and show what I mean.

Any advise is much appreciated:D

Thanks
Chris

005.jpg

006.jpg

008.jpg

Its a dumb design, but if the lower torx is tight then when you put the 3/8" square to de-tension the belt, it can nip up and hold the assembly in the de-tensioned state.

You would of thought the spring would pivot on a bush rather than the bolt itself, but hey ho.

ITB'd MK1
Tensioner has gone over center. If they stick at that point the tensioner needs taking off and either replacing or stripping down and cleaning out the pivot bush (I'd do that if the idler on the tensioner is smooth and runs straight with no damage to the wheel)

Stage 2 172 Turbo
How do you mean over centre? tensioner has just been replaced so there is no wear at all to pulley wheel or bush

Stage 2 172 Turbo
Yep, everything is the same, pully was removed from the old pump and fitted to the new one. That's why its driving me nuts because I just can't work out what I have done wrong! Will try loosening the torx bolt when I get a minute but if not the will have to strip it all down again:dapprove:.

Thanks for the replys guys and if you think of anything else let me know.

Chris