ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[HELP] Best way to calm exhaust please?

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
Hi guys,
I have a Cat-back with decat at the moment, No silencers just strait to the 2 back boxes.
Which sounds great when you’re in the mood for it, but, I’m starting to use the car a little more for day to day driving and it’s starting to bug me like crazy!!!! :(
I’m taking it in to AAS in a weeks time to get a Silenced decat fitted, will this effect the volume much? Is there a better of taking the edge of it and making it less harsh without losing power.

This is how it is now:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=8yXFcEs5YUs

Thanks for any suggestions guys!!! :D

B

Brown.

no no fella.... why not put your cat, back on..will quiten it a lot...or even a sport cat.....

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
I like how it feels now with the decat you see, Feels more Responsive.
What do you think about adding a silencer somewhere in the middle section?

Thanks!

M2 Competition
If anything id put the cat back in, that way if you change your mind, its an easy swap back.

You probably wont feel the change in power/ responsiveness once you're used to having the cat back mate.

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
silenced decat is what I went for and it is spot on!
The hard rasp has gone, it still has a nice idle sound, 2-3000 revs it's not going crazy but as you go up the rev range it sounds great. Just what I was after.

I'm really happy with it now, feels great and has a nice balance.

Now need to get my Inlets sorted.....