ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP - BRAKES !!!!

Hi, new user here so dont know if Im doing this right !?!? I have an N reg 16V with ABS, I was just wondering why, under hard breaking, mostly in the wet does the break peddle vibrate badly with a sort of ratchett sound coming from the front of the car ?? My girlfriend nearly hit a kid the other day due to this [and his parents didnt teach him the green cross code !!!!!] but was a very worrying experience as the car didnt seem to be stopping in any hurry, pads and disks are fine !? Where is the best place to go for a check up in the Eltham/Welling area, not too convinced about the Kwik Fit boys ??

Would be very grateful for any help !

Renault Laguna Coupe

That sounds like the ABS working. It wont stop the car in a big hurry but its better than skidding and it will let you steer away from the obstacle.

Great, thought it might have been that but coming from an XR2I [Im sorry !!] with really sh*te breaks and skidding twenty foot I didnt really know what to expect from the ABS !!

Thanks