ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP! Can't get fuel rail guard off

Trying to change the oil this morning but have stumbled at the first hurdle! The nut seems to be on too tight. Just broken my socket set trying to undo it :mad:

Any idea how I can loosen it?

LY 182
to be honest, the only real advice is get a less christmas cracker esque socket and try harder!
as long as you are using a good single hex socket and its on properly you wont round it.

E46 M3, x2 GTT, RS250
to be honest, the only real advice is get a less christmas cracker esque socket and try harder!
as long as you are using a good single hex socket and its on properly you wont round it.

Could not agree more multi hex sockets are w**k, buy the best gear you can afford it always works out cheaper.

LOL This socket set cost me good money! Its not the socket that has failed its another part. Did'nt have this problem last time. Think the garage that did the last service may have over tightened it a little.

OK guys, where can I get a decent socket from? How much should I look to pay? I only really need a 10mm as this is about the only job I do on my car.

V6 230
I bought a Halfords Pro socket set the other day and looks like it could stand some abuse, although havent used it yet so may be wrong.
But you can get single sockets if you dont want a whole set and they have lifetime guarantee, plus you havent got to wait ages for delivery.

as said get a decent set, may be worth squirting a bit of lube up there (penetrating oil) to loosen it up a bit

Megane 2 GT 165
Oilfilter change from down below? Sorry could be wrong, but that seems to be the normal way for cars?

Having to demolish your car (read take out the engine ;) ) to change a filter just seems odd to me... If you want I can check out side if it's possible.

Oilfilter change from down below? Sorry could be wrong, but that seems to be the normal way for cars?

Having to demolish your car (read take out the engine ;) ) to change a filter just seems odd to me... If you want I can check out side if it's possible.

its not much harship to remove 2 bolts lol

Mondeo TDCI 130
Just buy a decent single hex socket from halfords! 3/8 drive deep! You can change them without removing it, much easier if you do though!!

Hang on, you have a cup, stop being a *****! theres sod all in the way!!!:rasp:

Hey man I'm just following Dan's guide off here! I'm a complete amature when it comes to mechanics. If he says take it off, I take it off lol. Don't want to get caught out :eek:

I'll have another look tomorrow ;)

Cheers for the help everyone

Mondeo TDCI 130
Well, you can do it without fella, BUT, if thats the case and youa a novices, spray some penetrating oil on them, and get yourself a decent socket!!

R19 16v / Clio campus
If i remember the nut has a built in washer?
What you need to do is put a socket on it and then give the socket a few short sharp hits with a hammer,(do you have room?),this way you should find that the shock will enable you to loosen the nut!! :D

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
I can change filters on full fats too but it does hurt your arm. on a cup i would be easy as long as you have no a/c