ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help! Car wont start

Clio 172
I was changing my sprak plugs earlier and was stupid enough to put my wrench on the battery, hitting of the live and grounding it on the bracket at the same time. a big spark came out of the terminal and now the car wont start. checked all the fuses and they're grand, pressed the inertia switch, the starter is clicking but the car just wont start:S

please help

Mondeo TDCI 130
right, this is very much from memory? is there a big fuse in the main lead to the starter? there is on laguna's / meganes? looks like a plastic block right on the trminal? check that is ok!!! Could be there is no main feed, just your ignition switch, hence the click! :)

Clio 172
right, this is very much from memory? is there a big fuse in the main lead to the starter? there is on laguna's / meganes? looks like a plastic block right on the trminal? check that is ok!!! Could be there is no main feed, just your ignition switch, hence the click! :)
right on what terminal? at the end connected to the starter?

And what about the lack of fuel pump priming?

BG 182
Is the immobiliser light going out?

I had a very similar problem which turned out to be a dodgy / blown earth wire from the battery to either the engine or the chassis.
Have you tried D/C the battery (waiting a minute) and reconnecting?

Clio 172
Turns out that when the wrench hit the 2 terminals on the battery and the spark jumped out of it it completely discharged the battery and fried all the cells. Got a new battery last night and its like new again:cool: