ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP - Car won't start!

J@Y

Clio 182 and CBR 600
Hi,

My 04 182 is refusing to start. It has been stood for about 6 weeks as I got a new car.

The last time I used it, it had just had an injector replaced as one had failed and it was missing, but after it was replaced the car ran fine for several trips out.

Now 6 weeks later, I came to start it up and the battery was completely dead. Charged it up and tried to start it but all I was getting was three or four turns of the engine before it cut out. The battery wasn't holding charge well so I got a new one for it hoping this may solve the problem but it hasn't. Still doing the same thing.

I disconnected the fuel line at the rail to see if it was getting fuel but it is bone dry and I can't hear a fuel pump prime.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

*Is there a fuel cut-off switch on these?
*Does the Immobilser work on the fuel pump? It has the Sigma S32 alarm with keypad in the corner of the window but I have no code for it.
*Where is the fuse/relay for the fuel pump? I can't see it on the fuse box on the passenger side of the dash.

What else could it be?? I'm getting desperate now :dapprove:

Thanks

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Little problems like these are normally very simple to fix once identified but without being able to see the car makes it harder. The Clio II, Ph2 doens't have an inertia switch mate but the relays are a possible. They are located in the under bonet fuse box in the passenger wing area. Whilst you're haveing a poke around check the gearbox earth strap is still intact to.

Mick

Golf GTD Mk7
as mike said, relays would be the best place to start. Also have a look to see if the fuel pump is recieving enough power. The relays you're looking for are square. (there are 4 of them in the box)

J@Y

Clio 182 and CBR 600
Little problems like these are normally very simple to fix once identified but without being able to see the car makes it harder. The Clio II, Ph2 doens't have an inertia switch mate but the relays are a possible. They are located in the under bonet fuse box in the passenger wing area. Whilst you're haveing a poke around check the gearbox earth strap is still intact to.

Mick

Thanks. Mick,

Yeh the gearbox earth strap did cross my mind as it is exactly the same symptoms as I got when I did leave this off after changing the gearbox. But it is still very much intact. Which relay is it? Where is it positioned/colour is it? It should be clicking when the igntion comes on if it's working right?

Why else could it not be getting fuel? Do the immobilsers cut fuel on these cars do you know?

Thanks again :)