ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help- Do i return to renaultsport (r27 in mind)

hi guys,

long time since ive been on here.

but about 10 months ago i had a racing blue 182. and then px for a new 2007 subaru wrx 2.5.

10 months on, im getting the itch about a new R27 in racing blue.

the subaru is a great car, but i have to drive about 30 miles to teh nearest dealer, the petrol, the £300 tax, the insurance. and no really need to screw the engine to get it to go.

so would i be stupid to come back to a cilo after the wrx. small, not as fast, renault build.

cant choose.

what are you thoughts on the R27, are they as fast as the 182's. got in a standard 197 today, and thought it looks very bare. test drove and was lacking the extra 100lbs of torque the wrx has.

5.8 - 60 wrx
6.8 - 60 clio.

i know everyone will say R26 megga. but im just not a fan

hmmmm

White 197
We had a 2.0 WRX Wagon back in 2004.

Personally I never got on with it, the gearbox was a dog. My personal opinion is that I prefer our 197 to the Impreza.

I feel it is probably one of the best planted cars I have owned and the fit and finish of the interior is very good and i'm saying that after just coming out of 2 BMW's

Less
dont go with a R27 they are too new... get a 182 05 plate. All the support you need is on here, majority of garages etc witll have worked on a 182 in some shape or form.

overall, you will have more fun with a 182!

R27 is markably different to the 'full fat' 197 in terms of how it drives, steers and to a large extent goes, feel better in every area and considering that is an update after a year says alot really. Still like the 197 as a car though.

Food for thought.

The guy has more money than sense, or is he just a phantasist?

well i dont think im a phantasist, more thinking, should i change back now because the wrx is worth just under a new r27, and have been qte to pay an extra £900 and my car to change to a new r27.

and i dont have more money than sense, other wise i would have gone out and bought an evo or sti 56 plate and run it quite happily.

the reason why im thinking of changing back is, the cost of the wrx, is £300 tax soon to be £400 a year, petrol about 20mpg (200 ish miles to a tank), insurance, service. left me thinking is it really worth it.

i might be getting old, and the lads think im stupid for even thinking of going back to a cilo from the wrx. but asking has anyone ever change back from that sort of car to a cliosport and do they have regrets.

cheers guys

cup 182 mit stripes
First mistake was selling 182. WRX may be faster to 60, but sure do'nt feel like it. As for the r27, I'll say no more.