ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help??? front light bulbs.....

ph1 clio 1.2
hi guys, just a quick question?, what are them lights callled where there white? and pretty bright but LEGAL? also the clear indicator bulbs???>
does anyone have links of them where i can buy them both from? for my ph1 clio.. clueless about stuff like this and dont know what they called haha :(, but they look really good and the clear indicators make the front lights look so much cleaner............
thanks ben...

Silvervisions are the indicator bulbs you want the ones with offset pins.

Not sure on the other bulbs, do you mean led sidelights? As retrofit hid kits are now illegal.

ph1 clio 1.2
Silvervisions are the indicator bulbs you want the ones with offset pins.

Not sure on the other bulbs, do you mean led sidelights? As retrofit hid kits are now illegal.

thanks both use, and urm i aint sure, alot of new cars have them? bm's and audis etc etc,, just bright/white lights ha, not sure, i seen a megane with them on the other day i fort i want them ha

Daytime running lights? Like these?
6a0133f31f6c9b970b014e6041a69b970c-800wi

Bux

Golf GTD
I'm guessing you're on about Xenons...

As you've only got a 1.2, you won't have xenons, so you're best bet (legally) would be to just buy some upgraded bulbs like Philips BlueVision/Osram Nightbreakers.

Another option would be to put a HID kit on, but MOTs are cracking down on them as they are known to dazzle other drivers when fitted to normal halogen light clusters

ph1 clio 1.2
I'm guessing you're on about Xenons...

As you've only got a 1.2, you won't have xenons, so you're best bet (legally) would be to just buy some upgraded bulbs like Philips BlueVision/Osram Nightbreakers

thanks i think thats what i want actually ha, they were blue...ish haha, but they just looked good on the car so yeah, now i want some haha

Changes to often
you can get HID xenon kits, but only fit them if you have projector headlamps other wise you will blind oncoming traffic and get pulled all the time

Clio 172 cup,
Ive had a retrofit xenon kit fitted to my 172 cup for the past 18 months, never get pulled, passed two mots with them on at different garages, and they never dazzle other drivers as the headlight level is set to 3 so they never really get high enough to be a problem.

If you want to fit them then do it, just make sure you get the headlight aim correct.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
What's the point in having them if you're just going to set them to face the ground? Might as well just have stuck with regular filament bulbs and set them correctly.

Clio 172 cup,
Mine certainly arent facing the ground, they are adjusted correctly so that they work properly and illuminate the road without blinding other drivers.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
You'll need the RS Dual Optic blocks to fit HID headlights to a ph.1, and the HID blocks for a phase 2. Either way you'll need headlight washers and self-levelling to be legal.

Ive had a retrofit xenon kit fitted to my 172 cup for the past 18 months, never get pulled, passed two mots with them on at different garages, and they never dazzle other drivers as the headlight level is set to 3 so they never really get high enough to be a problem.

If you want to fit them then do it, just make sure you get the headlight aim correct.

As of April 2012 I think, new MOT rules will classify this as illegal though I believe.

Clio 172 cup,
Have you read the latest mot manual for 2012? it states that if headlight washers are fitted they must work just like any other device on a car, as the cup doesnt have them, it is no problem for retrofitting a xenon kit as long as it doesnt dazzle other drivers and is aimed correctly etc.

I downloaded the mot manual from vosa themselves and have looked through it well and no where does it state xenon kits are illegal, it's all rumors started by someone from what I can tell, ive asked two seperate mot test stations about it and the answer is the same, as long as whatever is fitted is working correctly then it is legal.

You dont need self levelling or headlight washers to be legal with xenons, unless they are standard fitment to the car in which case they must work which is the same for anything mot wise really.

I only heard it from someone else. Hence why I said I think, and I believe. But if you have read it and confirmed it then it's clearly fine.

It's good to know that you don't need self levelling or washers to be legal with Xenons, I always thought this was the case..