ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help Front O2 Sensor fault????

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
Fault light came up this Morning. Connected my rstuner up to it now and has come up with following fault

Fault Code: DF0092/DF0967
Description:O2 Sensor Front

Had a look at the live sensor reading/values and the Front O2 sensor voltage fluxuates loads (below and under the min/max value) even on idle while the rear one stays on max value? I can't clear the fault, assuming because of it going under/over the value?

Car seems to still run fine. Is this deffinately a fault in the front O2 sensor and how urgent is it to replace?

Where is the front one located? (car on side of street, unable to jack up grrr)

Is it a historic fault (orange) or permanent (red) ?
In any case, its a common problem and YES the front O2 is important

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
It's a historic fault (orange) Tried clearing it but is says it can't???

All I need to do to clear is click on the erase/rest button on bottom of screen - Correct?

Seems to be running ok, which is what got me thinking with it being front one?

172 cup 10/04/10>
its important to get it right, could be sooted up, take it off give it a soak in some brake cleaner for a few minutes and blast it out with an airline, had this with mine, fixed it for 10weeks, but it got sooted up and happened again so ordered one from a company up here called ces(chester exhausts) cost me £71 delivered, refitted it and couldnt knock the light out with the snap on, but after 30 or so miles it went out. it has been known to kill the cat in the past if its not working correctly.

mat

It's a historic fault (orange) Tried clearing it but is says it can't???

All I need to do to clear is click on the erase/rest button on bottom of screen - Correct?

Seems to be running ok, which is what got me thinking with it being front one?

Yes erase DTC first
then refresh DTC

If it comes back after a few weeks , start saving for a new one.

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
Just an update,

Phoned my local garage and as usual he saved me, got new sensor in by the afternoon. And even with the garage losing their electric suppy he stayed over to fit it for me. Easy enough job except for the plug/socket lol.

I had erased and reset fault the night before but light remained on. Went off after around 50miles. Ironically as I set off to the garage lol.

Seems ok on way home. Will keep posted next week :)