ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help!! Front Wheel stuck on

182FF
Wanted to swap my front and back wheels around to try get a bit more life out of my tyres...but my front wheel is well and truly stuck. Think it's rusted to the hub.

Anyone got any ideas how I can free it off?

mine were a little bit like that, i got the tool and stood and put all my weight on it to spin it then they just unscrewed normally lol

Ph1 172 + Combo van
hit it hard with the palm of your hand at the top on the sidewall of the tyre. if not kick it, but be quick to grab it otherwise it might fall off and straight onto its face scratching the f**k out of it.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
hit it hard with the palm of your hand at the top on the sidewall of the tyre. if not kick it, but be quick to grab it otherwise it might fall off and straight onto its face scratching the f**k out of it.

Leave a couple of wheel nuts still threaded in a few turns...won't drop then, kick it as hard as you like.

53 Clio's & counting
VW's are terrible for it mate, a few wacks with a rubber mallet WILL get it off, though a prob with leaving wheel bolts on slightly is iv seen threads damaged that way, id take the bolts off, make sure its very well secured then a few hits on the tyre will get it off

When you put it back on give the raised part of the hub and part of the disc the wheel sits against a thin smear of copperslip. That will stop it sticking on again, reet pain in the arse having to kick the f**k out of a wheel to get it off.

Ph1 172 + Combo van
When you put it back on give the raised part of the hub and part of the disc the wheel sits against a thin smear of copperslip. That will stop it sticking on again, reet pain in the arse having to kick the f**k out of a wheel to get it off.
clean it first and a quick wipe of sand paper before the copper grease will make it better

alien green rs133
i have to over come this problem every day

undo all wheel nuts

then screw one back in a few threads with fingers

then hit/kick back of wheel

wheel will come loose but not fall off and scratch cause still a wheel nut in

hutchie

clean it first and a quick wipe of sand paper before the copper grease will make it better

Yup 50 grit and/or wire brush to clean the fucker up.