ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP!! HEADLIGHT PROBLEM!!!

Clio V6 255

Hello,

this is a bit of an emergency which is why I have posted here!.

Ive got a 2002 Dynamique with standard headlights.

I have spent the last 3 hours trying to fit the H7 bulbs (the ones that you twist 1/4 turn to remove (ie. the BIG light).

Except they WONT TWIST BACK IN!!! am I doing something wrong here? tried grease etc, but it looks like the tiny flaps need to slide into some grooves in two screws.

The other thing, tried to remove the headlight in its totality, but it wont budge! i then assumed you need to remove the bumper, but after removing a couple of bolts and few screws, it also wouldnt move!! (do the wings have to come off?)

Anyway, please help!!!

Charlie.

Yeah, there a b*****d to fit - the drivers side is imposible if you have air con as theres no room to get at the bulb. I couldnt get the holder to fit back in either and thought the clip bits were knackered - they were fine, you just need a lot of force to get them back in.

You need to remove the bumper to get at the lower screws holding the headlight in place if you are going to remove it. When I changed mine I ended up making a tool (http://www.mcmillan-uk.com/clio/Dscf0205.jpghttp://www.mcmillan-uk.com/clio/Dscf0205.jpg) which allows me to get at the bulb holder, and also gives the leverage required to get the holder back in.

Thanks!

The speakers are Ruark Prologue Ones, and the Cd player has changed several times and is now a Quad 99 CD-P - never really liked the Meridian!

So what system do you have?

Clio V6 255

cheers Craig, has a feeling I was going to need to make a tool, had a similar idea as what you made, so ill try it out 2moro.

Thanks, at least I now know im not on a lost cause!! :)