ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help Help Help!

2002 Clio 172
Hi, I've a 2001 1.6 Privilege and it's been spot on, nothings ever ever gone wrong with it.... until yesterday. I was driving along and my windscreen wipers stopped working. I also noticed that at the same time my Indicators had also stopped working, so, as it was raining I pulled in to a lay-by and turned off the engine thinking a fuse would have gone or something. All the fuses were fine, but then I found the engine wouldnt start. All the ignition lights came on but when i went to start it, there was simply nothing. The only thing on the car that will work are the headlights. Thats it. There are no warning lights on or anything either. The nice man from Green Flag was baffled, as are the guys from Teesside Autotech. Has anybody any ideas?

MERCEDES CLS AMG
UCH control unit - passengers side dashboard underneath the glovebox directly above your bonnet release handle. Pull it down and undo all the plugs - reconnect them and try it. If this doesnt work you will need a new UCH control unit. Easy job takes 10 minutes with programming. The UCH is a relay board thats controls all your electrical ancileries.

2002 Clio 172
It was the central body-control module thing. The part was in stock which says to me that it's something that is quite commonly replaced. Cheers.

2002 Clio 172
Yeah, £600 the garage charged me. Got it back and the radio display thing doesn't light up any more! So it's going back to get a bulb in it. Also, I've noticed an annoying alarm which activates when I go over 80mph. Do you know how to turn this off?? It's sooooooooooo annoying.