ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP - Issues starting car (182) this morning

Hi Guys,

Had a few issues starting the clio this morning, first time this has happened...basically it wouldnt start, the starter motor sounded fine but it just didnt attempt to get going.

I kept trying to start it about 5 times then waited about 30 seconds, after that it started first time.

Any ideas? Just wondereding if this was a common fault!

Cheers!
Dave

BG 182
Check the immobiliser light on the dash board, it should flash then go out. Maybe worth getting the battery tested?

Titanium 182 FF
i had this a couple of days ago - leave it for 20 mins and then try again.

make sure you let the lights go out. if it stays on or is flashing its a immobiliser issue.

PH1 172
There is a few threads and each one differs slightly on what the cause was....

Try turning the key to position 2 (lights on dash but don't start)
Turn off
Turn the key to position 2 again and wait for serv light to go out
Start the car

Hopefully the car will start 1st time. A couple of people have said in their threads that priming the fuel pump with the 1st turn to position 2 helps when it comes to starting the car 2nd time around :)

172 cup
There is a few threads and each one differs slightly on what the cause was....

Try turning the key to position 2 (lights on dash but don't start)
Turn off
Turn the key to position 2 again and wait for serv light to go out
Start the car

Hopefully the car will start 1st time. A couple of people have said in their threads that priming the fuel pump with the 1st turn to position 2 helps when it comes to starting the car 2nd time around :)

I had kind of th esame issue. My 172 cup wouldnt start on the first turn, but priming the pump first seemed to fix it. Also i've now stopped using tescos fuel (momentum) and it starts first time every time now.

PH1 172
I had kind of th esame issue. My 172 cup wouldnt start on the first turn, but priming the pump first seemed to fix it. Also i've now stopped using tescos fuel (momentum) and it starts first time every time now.

Yeah it's something to do with the fueling system and Fred, Danny etc on here said it is very common

Weird one on the fuel type.

this happened again this morning!

the only thing that has changed is that instead of putting Waitrose super unleaded I switched to regular petrol from Asda!!!