ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help! Just bought a 182 (54 plate) cutting out, engine mngmnt + injection light on!

Renault Megane 2.0
I have recently purchased a Renault Clio Sport 182.

Last night I was driving on the motorway and as I pulled off onto the slip road the car completely lost power. As I stopped at the lights I restarted the car and things seemed fine but it continued to happen... then a short while later it did the same but this time when I restarted it the injection light, engine management light and stop lights also came on. I managed to get home along the motorway at about 40mph as the car wouldnt rev about 2 and a half thousand revs...

As I have only had the car a couple of weeks im pretty unknown to Renaults and im pretty worried!

Any ideas? :(

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
Re: Help! Just bought a 182 (54 plate) cutting out, engine mngmnt + injection light o

Sounds like similar issues that I had when I lambda sensor went mate!
You're best getting it diagnosed.

Renault Megane 2.0
Re: Help! Just bought a 182 (54 plate) cutting out, engine mngmnt + injection light o

Cheers for that, reading around the forum abit more it seems like a pretty common problem.

The car is in with Renault at the moment... they have also provided me with a beast of a replacement for the day... a Chevrolet Spark 1.0... most embarrassing drive to work ive had in a long time!

06 Hyundai coupe 2.0

a Chevrolet Spark 1.0!!!!
Your a lucky guy.....

Fancy a race?

Renault Megane 2.0

Fortunately I had the car for less than a day... I absolutely smoked some pedestrians though!

Looks like it was the lambda sensor as it was damaged... also had a problem with the air pipes and air valve and my fuse box cover was missing...

Quote from Renault to supply parts and fit... £653.34

Sourced the parts myself for £88.50 and my local mechanic said he'd fit them for £50!! :rasp:

Renault pricing is ridiculous!

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member

Fortunately I had the car for less than a day... I absolutely smoked some pedestrians though!

Looks like it was the lambda sensor as it was damaged... also had a problem with the air pipes and air valve and my fuse box cover was missing...

Sourced the parts myself for £88.50 and my local mechanic said he'd fit them for £50!! :rasp:

Good work.
Yeah Renault is shocking for it's prices, glad you decided against paying it!

Renault Megane 2.0

Cheers for the asssitance, its not the best start to a new car!

Rusty Cup

Gotta love renault i had an issue let them look at it and a guy called be back saying it needed a new loom and battery n they wanted £800 or so to fix, i sourced a battery plugged it in and drove off thanks renault you money grabbing c**ts!!

TrackCar & F30 330d

Thanks god you didny pay renault to do that, they are such rip offs lol