ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP just wahed under my engine bay and

Clio 1.8 16v

:cry:just power washed under my engine bay let it dry for about 4hrs but left the interia light on so when i bump started it,it took a bit but it sounds like a subaru or like its just running on 3cylinders so i let it warm up for a bit n it get a bit better but when i floor it it just missfires n e ideas?do u think it just needs to dry out a bit more?

Clio 1.8 16v

so u dont think i have done n e thing bad then?hope i aint its just not my day 1st my electric window stops workin n then my battery went dead then this and just had to walk 1mile to get credit for my phone its just not my day:(

Why do people power wash their engine bays.......its not gonna make it any shinier. If there is oil/grease etc anywhere, a power washer aint gonna sh!t!

Clio 1.8 16v

well i used the engine de-grease 1st then kinda got carried away with it!!it should be fine in the mornin!!i hope:confused:

water in wells def

it happended to me

just soak uo the water and dry and the plugs and ends of the leads,

plz dont take out the leads while there flooded with water, where do you think the water will end up going!!!!!

once all dry it will be back to normal for sure

Clio 1.8 16v

will it of gone by 2moro?kinda spent all day polishing my car got it just lookin right so i dont wanna start workin on it again or my day will be gone again well about 1hr of it

lol

to be honest although its is hot all the moisture wont of all gone

wont take u long anyway

took me a few minutes,

i shat myself too when iut happend to me thought id broke it

Clio 1.8 16v

lol

same ere dont think i will be able to sleep 2night,its just that my mate did it to his ax gt and that kept on doin this problem over now and then when he power washed his n in the end ended up selling it!!sounded good though like a mini subaru but no power what so ever.

cheers guys will let u all know how it goes 2moro

clio 20v

lol one for the faq this

"if ur thinkin of jet-washing ur engine DONT"

its untold trouble water an electrics dont mix, must hav spent about 2hrs and 2 cans of wd40 on me mates 205gti after he decided to make his engine shiny it eventually ran on all 4 cylinders agen

adi

oh, my mistake.....just re read the title, you wahed your car, in that case, youll need a new one....

wahing an engine is a bad idea.

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Did mine once and it was fine. You are supposed to have the engine running at the same time.

i did mine once, used some of that degreaser stuff fro mhalfords then just used a hose pipe on the engine , but of course i covered the filter and a few electrical things , and it ran fine ...

Clio 1.8 16v

just went for a drive and when i breaked it started doin it again:(just had a look n there is still sum water there so i cut a spunge up n used that to get the water out just leavin it for a bit now why the water evaperates.i am just gutted when it rains my car is fine but when its sunny posin weather my drivers side window dont work n now i cant use my car:(

BMW 320d Sport

Definitely water in the plug wells. Its happened to loads of us. Just get some of that blue paper towel from the garage, twist it up into a long thing roll and poke it down - rolled up, it will go around the edge of the plug right into the deepest recesses, and soak up the water. Keep doing each well until they come up dry. That will fix the misfire for definite,.

Clio 1.8 16v

at last my car is running okay went to the petrol station n got a load of the blue stuff,the cashier thought i was mad lol only 1 thing though it seems to be down on power or does not seem as fast could i of damaged the engine or is it just me?

thanks for all your help guys i will sleep better now