ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help me choose my longlife exhaust

Clio 172
Ok lads, was planning on getting a ktec stealth for the 172 but unfortunately after a trackday last monday my OEM exhaust has gotten progressively worse and now its at the point where its pure embarrassing to drive (not bad considering it lasted almost 9 years), and now i need an exhaust asap (bear in mind i'm in ireland and it will take time for ktec to deliver the exhaust and then for me to fit it).

I went to the local longlife dealers to get a price on a new stainless catback and they told me they can do it for 340 euro (thats 290stg for you guys) supplied and fitted with a better design of exhaust hanger and a 20 year guarantee. Now i just need to decide on a design as it will be going in either tomorrow or saturday morning.

I used to love the look of the pugsport exhausts on 106's and was thinking of going for that look with the clio..

Plan is to get a straight pipe from the cat, no centre silencer, with an oval backbox and 2.5" outward rolled tailpipe, would look similar to the following..

Pugsport2.jpg

Opinions and suggestions welcome:cool:

Titanium 182
Pugsports look ace on 106's not sure a similar system would look right on a 1*2 though.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I've seen a couple on 172's and they just don't suit it imo.

Clio 172
When i first talked to the lads up there i had a round backbox silencer with a 3" outward rolled pipe in mind, kinda like the yozzasport race system, but they said it would be very loud without a silencer and i might have clearance issues?

yozzasport-clio-172-race-exhaust-system-05-300x225.jpg

Titanium 182
Cut one into the bumper with a slash stye tip so it follows the contours of the bumper, backbox hidden behind the bumper.

It's what everyone does but there's a reason for that.

Evo 6, E92 320d
I have a similar exhaust to what you want, but with a 3" rolled out, one moment i'll get a pic.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

Cut out with 182 surround. My fave for 172's or reps.

Clio 172
I don't think cut outs suit the ph1 bumper tho, and if i do eventually opt to change for a ph2 bumper, they sit a little lower and will probably need a cutout to allow the exhaust to fit properly. I don't want to cut the ph1 bumper and have the exhaust sitting to high that it would look ridiculously high in a ph2 bumper if ya get me:)