ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help me figure what is in my car

Volvo S60 D5

(This is a Volvo install, but you guys probably know more about car audio than the Volvo websites!)

Ok, so I go to install my new T5-R amplifier behind the dash, and what do I find?

Absolutely tonnes of aftermarket speaker wire (clear plastic tubing with visible copper twists - much like my home cinema setup.

Also found the following:-

2 x Boston ProSeries 5.4X boxes <-what the hell are these?
2 x SoundStream Granite P51 Crossovers

The two Boston ProSeries boxes have connected lines out (or in?) for Amp and Subwoofer -> neither of which Im aware that have in my car (apart from the stock inbuilt amp in the standard Volvo SC8xx head unit!!)

No way in hell will the T5-R amplifier fit withall this stuff behind there so I need to figure out what it all is and what its about!

Ive done a couple of home cinema setups before and am familiar in general with audio equipment, but ive never ever done in car audio before!

Can someone give me a basic rundown, as well as telling me what the 4 boxes are in my car! :)