ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help! My sump plug has vanished!

Clio Sport 172 Exclusive
I'm in the middle of an oil change and yes, my sump plug seems to have vanished into thin air. No, it's not in the bucket. It's not in the weeds either, and it's not amongst the stones near the side wall.

:(

So, lets just say I can't find it, where do I get a replacement from?! Renault themselves.....?

My car isn't going anywhere till I find that sump plug! Or get a new one.

/goes back to continue searching the driveway

MK2 172 FF
if you took it off it must be somewhere close. Not much people can do across the net.

If you can't find it i'd try halfords, iirc they are open until 4pm today.

Clio Sport 172 Exclusive
hmmm halfords dont have one and he cant even order one "it just doesnt come up" apparently.

mine's a 172 exclusive, but that shouldn't make much difference right?

(still can't find it! - even my Mrs has looked and if she says it isn't there, it isn't there. No not on the rachet!)

Clio Sport 172 Exclusive
It was in the bin!

I spilt a small amount of oil before I could get the bucket under so I used some rags to quickly mop it up while it was draining. It seems I scooped it up with the rag and chucked it in the wheelie bin :D

Car now sorted.

/adds to list of things not to do again