ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP! my wireless network is driving me nuts!

back home i had 2 laptops running perfect for over a year, using a 3com router and 2 3com pc cards for each laptop.

in my new flat i have the same router and one laptop with the pc card and a new desktop. i bought a 3com wireless usb stick (to keep everything 3com)..

basically only one will work at a time, either the laptop has to be on itself or the desktop needs to be on itself, if you try and get the 2 to go on the net at the same time it all starts going haywire and 1 wont connect, says 'limited or no connectivity'

when the 2 are on 1 will connect but will drop constantly and the other wont even find the network.

the 2 are obviously conflicting with one another im assuming?

the 3com tech support were of no use, they basically guided me thru what id already done, ie. update all drivers for each device, so when i told him ive already done that he said oh well, your stick is faulty, we'll send you a new one.

i know its not a faulty stick as it workls fine if i keep the laptop off

anyone any ideas what could be the problem here?

thanks

Fiesta ST
you using DHCP on the router to give out IP's? and have the laptop and desktop on to receive ip's? not static? your not using ICS are you by accident?

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
^^^ yeah, give them their own ip addresses and don't use dhcp. is the router a wireless broadband router ? or hav eyou just connected a wireless hub onto the broadband router ?

its a wireless router/modem/firewall all in 1, ill check these settings and report back, thanks

ps. wonder why the monkey at 3com never ran this past me, idiots!