ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help needed on 172 electrics

phase 1 172
afternoon people

my problem is two fold:

problem 1: when turning my lights on my dials do not light up the heater/aircon/rear dimister do not light up and the speedo/ radio display do not dim! all other lights concerning information and warning work

problem 2: my left rear light stopped working, replaced the buld still didnt work tried bulb in the right like and it worked fine so the bulb is not faulty! reverse light and indicator are working fine. also the bottom bulb on the left cluster doesnt work is this because the phase 1 172 only have 1 fog (right side) or this faulty too?

sorry for long thread

any advice would be much appreciated

rich

172 A Cupwork Orange™
Have you checked the fuse's one may have blown mate,

sounds like it as its far to many probs to go at once if you know what i mean,

open the fuse box and check them all if not already done so

Lots of Alfas
Check the fuses, its quite common for the wiring block to corrode on the rear cluster so check this. The 172mk1 only has 1 foglight on the drivers side.

phase 1 172
cheers dave and vern, it was a 10 amp fuse which corrected all issues

wasnt sure about the rear fog as when i removed the cluster there was a bulb missing and some cars have the twin rear fogs

much appreciated guys