ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP needed urgent engine problem

Renaultsport clio 172
I was driving home today and it was fine all the way home until the last bend before my house

I went to put my foot down in 2nd and all of a sudden the engine cut power and the light inbetween the petrol light and the oil light came on (a box symbol with like electric looking lines and underneath loop type of things:S) so as fast as i could react i switched the engine off and let it roll

I havent tried starting it at all until i know more, so can anyone please please help????

Anyone know wa it could be and wa that sign means???

Renaultsport clio 172
Iv been looking around but to be honest im useless trying to find things on the net and cant find what it could be but i found the light symbols that come up on the dash if this helps
photo6w.jpg

ur megane r26
I had that happen on my old 1.2 when I started it up again after a little while it was fine, but when i drove it a little harder it would happen again, I got told it was something to do with the loom

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Exactly happend to mine, nearly caused a big crash because of it which would have involved a massive hgv.

I gave the car a service and never had it again afterwords,

recaro'd 172 rep
reset it on the trip computer and it should be oryt. happened to me and i havnt had anymore bother off it.

172 Cup
i had this happen when i first bought my cup, apparently its an immobiliser problem. only happened the one though and i still aint serviced my car lol

Renaultsport clio 172
Thanks alot for the info and help its calmed me down a little for now lol, i got the aa to come out now and double check now.

get back to u soon, thanks again

Renaultsport clio 172
lol AA guy came started it up and it was fine, so he ran diagnostic and i cant believe wa came up. I have a 172 and to my knowledge i know that from the 182 onwards that they have cruise control and not the 172s, so there was a fault with my cruise control??? lol

I then mentioned as i realised that my gf (dont let them drive ur cars by the way) was messing aroung with my trip metre thingy and a new 1 came up saying setMPH
---------
which i couldnt do anything with and never ever seen before in my life, and he said it could be possible that iv reset some type of limiter which could be the reason it cut off power and advised me to go to a renault garage or check the net to set it again

so he reset the fault codes and told me to take it for little drive, came back and he diagnosed it again and nothing, he sent me on my way thinking all good
and just to go garage tmz

WRONG, happened again away from home, but i didnt panic this time just knocked it off and back on, but this time the engine managment came on so, called them again

Different guy came checked everything first then took my story and told me its the accelerator sensor down by the pedal maybe damaged and its telling the engine i aint putting my foot down as we then noticed it was cutting power at 2500ish rpm in any gear, that would then explain the engine mangemant light and cleared them all again on the diagnostics

Anyone had this problem??? any info on prices???

Renaultsport clio 172
Is there a way at all to know which one it is???? any indications or visible damege etc??? I duno if it helps but when i switch the engine of for a little,and thenturn it on and rev it i can get upto the limiter and then after a few seconds maybe a little longer it then restricts power and the light comes on again

thanks for all the help aswel