ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help needed with valver brakes.

clio 16v
hey people need a bit of help with this one, drivin along the other day and I hear metal on metal grinding ffrom my rear brakes. On further inspection find out that my pads are thru to the metal, my alloy and disk were rather hot and I put this down to the metal on metal contact. Anyway this afternoon I change the break pads, the rear left caliper piston was seized but I eventually managed to screw the piston back and fit the pads. However my left hand wheel is still getting hot and it appears the left hand pad is bindin to the disk, the wheel still moves but its stiff as hell. As far as I was aware only the actual piston on a valver rear caliper moves so I cannot understand how the left hand pad is binding and the inner one is not. Is the caliper supposed to slide along the main bolts that attach it to the rear hub or is it just the piston that moves?

Sounds like you need a new caliper tbh, gsf (german sweedish & french sell them) but I think you have to give them your old one. They aren't that expensive.

clio 16v
Big Iain said:
were the pads tight goin in?

The pad the piston pushes on directly was fine no promblems, the one on the outside needed a bit of a chap with a mallet, thats the one that appears to be binding, if the caliper is seized its not the piston, thats why i suspect it's possible the bit where the caliper actually bolts to the hub, think tahts supposed to move as well but not sure

Burgandy 174 sport t
U shouldnt have to chap the pads in mate, I have never dealt with rear calipers yet but im sure thats not right!