ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help needed

hi guys.just got my clio 16v back from the garage as it had a blown head gasket.been driving around today and the perfomance is ok but it seems to be getting hot as the oil is reading over 100 degrees,the water temp seems to be jumping up and down and the fan comes on quicker.i recently started getting pressure guage readings at 0 when idling and it has not improved.whats going on.I took it back to the garage and he reckoned it was somthing to do with the sender or sumthing,surely it cant affect everything.any help appreciated

how is it being driven when the oil gets to above 100c

water temp is controlled by thermostat, they would have removed this to do head gasket no doubt!

have you any leaks at all???

could be a faulty sender as they say IMO

also check water for signs of oil contamination and a milky substance in the oil!

other than that im a bit lost!

sounds like the coolant system has not been properly filled, as water sloshes past the temp sender it makes it jump.

There is a process to bleeding the 16V to make sure its got no air in it.

Try using bleed screw on top of radiator to see if the system is as BenR says not fully filled, top it up when it is stone cold also, sometimes you can get air locks in the cooling system. Check wiring connectors to the thermostat, think there is three wiring block go to it.

thanks guys,ive checked everything,theres no milky substance in the oil or oil contamination in the water.the oil temp seems to go to about 120c when driving fast.i like the idea of using the bleed screws on the radiator but not quite sure how to do that at the mo.but i will try it out tomorrow.