ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help needed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have recently put some new 15 “ alloys on my mk1 ph3 1996 Clio. I originally had the normal 13” but managed to scrape some money together to get some alloys.

I took the wheels to a local garage and asked them to fit them for me cos I did not have the time that month, the shop I bought them from said that I would have no trouble with preventing me doing a full lock, this was true until a couple of days ago.

I was going up a hill, turned left and got a horrible scratching noise. The wheels have been on the car for 2 weeks, I am now getting the scratching noise very often. I did ask them at the garaged if they needed to do any think to the car like spacers, but they said no, they just need to go straight on.

I was going to be lowing it soon but with the scratching noise already I have put that on hold. :(

can anyone tell me wots wrong, i can not see any think wrong when i look under the car when the wheel is turned.

any Suggestions

A similar thing happened to me and just after my sh*t shields fell out because where i had been turning on full lock it had been rubbing on them and had literally shredded them lol!

so maybe you need to take them out or maybe they just need putting back on properly cos the garage may have knocked them when putting on the wheels

shouldnt be anything serious especially as you havent lowered it yet but i suggest you have a look under the arches and you should be able to see them hanging down

hope that helps

vix :)

but i do not have the black arch lining at the top of the arch it just the metal arch if you get what i am trying to say

any other suggestions

:confused:

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

there are plastic wheel arch trims on the inner wings covering up holes to the engine bay.have you looked at them?