ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help - Newest Clio Head Unit Fitting

hey all, newbie here!

basically, does anyone here know what is needed to put a head unit in the latest mark clio?

The head unit that is in there seems to be a standard dinn size but its got a mini computer at the top of the dash board that shows what radio station you are on which u chose on the head unit?
So what happens when you connect a new head unit like a normal alpine cd player? surely u will lose this computer thingy? & well the owner doesnt want that! but she does want a nice quality CD player!!! & also what is needed to keep the fancy controller stalk that is behind the steering wheel?
so any help is gladly appreciated!!!! cheers all!!

Mark

P.S I heard that there are two adapters you need to buy to keep both of these things?

to keep the steering wheel controls you will need 2 wiring interfaces

cant give you specific part numbers as they are all different depending on what head unit you buy

AFAIK you cant keep the display (except for the time and temp) but then again i think sony are in development of this)

black golf v6 4 motion

no at the minute you cant keep the computer thingy you just get time and temp, but pioneer and sony supply leads to keep the steering wheel contoler i have a pioneer head unit, the steering wheel contol changes funtions(i.e butons do different things) i believe sony are the better ones thbough, geordie clio

do you know what head units are compatible with these adapter/wiring interfaces for the steering stalk?

& will I be able to get the screen adapter at a later stage? coz someone that has this style clio on a different forum said there was an adapter available for the screen atm but it costs like £50 or somet.

Is there any good pioneer head units people would recommend for around £300? Coz I was hoping to get a certain alpine (for this girl with the clio) HU but if I have to get a pioneer to keep the stalk that would be fine coz I know she would want everything to be as much the same as possible, Do you think I could buy the HU now & the stalk controller adapter & then wait for the computer adapter to come out ? or is it only coming out for certain pioneer & sony head units?

cheers for your replies!

Mark

Almost all the new sony head units will be compatible with the stalk controls. You can get the adaptors and advice from halfords. For a mk 1 clio the wire was £30 for stalk controls, dunno how much itll be for a new one.

Sony also do a thing called sound on top, where u can get a multichanger added on to the existing HU and keep all the steering controls etc. That might be worth a look at?

ooh yeah Ive heard about that multi changer! would be a good fall back on if she doesnt get a new head unit, I think I will look around a bit more & speak to some guys in halfords (man im gonna regret saying that!) about the adapters!

cheers for all the replies guys (& girls?) & I will probably be on here alot more If i am to get a clio 16valve... ohh to many car choices!!

speak to the manufacturer

i can supply the telephone numbers for all the technical departments if you like

just tell me what units you are interested in

personally dont rate halfords, normally c**k one or two things up

FYI - alpine also sell the interfaces so you can stick with alpine if you like

ahh wicked mate

The particular make & models im interested in are.....

Pioneer DEHP7400MP,, Panasonic CQ-DFX572N & If I have to go for sony then It would be the following one.... Sony CDX-M850MP

I was hoping for an alpine but too complicated for her! lol

cheers mate

right

Pioneer - 01753 789789

Sony - 0990 111999

Panasonic - 08705 357357

all the above numbers will be able to give you part numbers for what you require

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy

there is an interface available for sony HU that does both the stalk and the display at the top, and IIRC dont u have to take the dash off for the pioneer adapter?? u dont have to for the sony one, just plugs into the CD changer input and the remote input on the back of the HU.

Stanced Honda S2000

DOES ANYBODY KNOW THE PHONE NUMBER FOR KENWOOD PARTS? GOT A NEW KENWOOD MP3 HEADUNIT AND WANT THE STEERING CONTROL AND THE DISPLAY IF POSSIBLE! ARE THEY HARD TO FIT OR JUST A PLUG AND PLAY KINDA THINGY ?