ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help on a fiat punto 2.0 coupe transplant.

ibiza cupra
i know this isnt a clio but as you are all such a bunch of knowledgable experts i thought id try my luck.
my mate has done an engine swap from a 1.4 turbo punto gt engine to a 16v 2.0 coupe turbo engine. hes got it all in and it drive fine but it is limiting at 4100 revs. he has tryed swapping some chip that bypasses the imobiliser and also put a new ecu on it but it is still doing the same thing.
anyone got any ideas?
heres some pics of it
S5002526.jpg

S5002527.jpg

S5002550.jpg

ibiza cupra
yeah i think he has.
it would fly if it went above 4100 revs haha. at the moment our mate 1.4 keeps up with him because he has to change gear before he gets any real power lol

ibiza cupra
he has just told me that the ecu is not connected to the plug to get it on a diagnostics computer lol. so if it is limp mode then he has got a bit of work to do before he can get it sorted haha.