ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adeys F4RT Twingo GT

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
  Frankenstein Twingo
In with excuses, it was wet and would wheel spin in 3rd. This is the only pull I got but its all in 4th, I'm normally in 3rd till 95leptons. I think on a dry day in 3rd it would of been closer. The car is a dtc e92 m3 with decats and mapped. Not too shabby for a twingo I don't think 🤔

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
  Frankenstein Twingo
This wasn't Paul's one 😁

We're you there? Did we meet? I'm so shite with screen names and real life 🤣🤦🏻‍♂️ sorry

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
  Frankenstein Twingo
Not too shabby with the wheels chirping in 3rd. Hopefully I can shave a touch more off it 🤞🏻

Screenshot_20220220-120531_dragy.jpgIMG-20220220-WA0009.jpg

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
  Frankenstein Twingo
Another brief dragy update..... doubt I will be able to better this 60 to 100 time tbh, the gearbox doesn't lend itself to really fast shifts, not sure if a different oil could speed things up but it's a pretty fast car tbh, a 4.99 would be nice....

Screenshot_20220225-133339_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220225-091054_dragy.jpg

I will if I can try some 0 to 60s and quarters but finding somewhere flat and relatively safe to do it locally is difficult. Will hopefully venture to pod soon

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
  Frankenstein Twingo
Suprised this didn't sell when you had it up.

Must be such fun to drive.

I didn't have it up for long, I've had a fair bit of interest in the last few weeks actually even though its not up for sale. I think its proven itself now as reliable and with the recent updates with the suspension and turbo it's proving its pace too so a little more desirable maybe 🤷🏻‍♂️
The only thing that's really stopped me selling is I can't think of anything that can deliver its speed fun and economy for the same money and I'm not sure what I could build next?

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
  Frankenstein Twingo
So its been pretty much a year since I first had the car out on the road, all has been going amazingly to be fair and I was going to make a video to show it. The daily had been beat on for a very long time. It had had a bigger turbo slapped on and delivered some very good performance for the relatively small outlay. A few days ago I decided to give it some beating whilst timing on the dragy, on the way home afterwards it sounded a little "off" at idle, once home I popped the bonnet and found it breathing quite heavily from the rocker. Removing the lead from number 4 made little difference to the running of it and when starting it spins slightly quick. Im 95% that its cracked a ringland. Hopefully the damage was caught early and soon enough to not have wrecked the bore. So the plan is too pull everything and give it a refresh with 250 rods and pistons, a thicker headgasket, some bigger injectors (when mapping) and all being well some modified 172 cams.

Today was a nice enough day so I made a start on removing everything. Been a bit of a graft and took longer than it would normally but its nearly ready to come out. Just need to dig out the engine crane and get it strapped up an out tomorrow. Once its in the garage ill get it stripped and inspect the damage, send me hugs and prayers to the cars gods that the block is salvageable (y)

20220320_100012.jpg

20220320_112718.jpg

20220320_121527.jpg

20220320_121539.jpg

20220320_152324.jpg

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
  Frankenstein Twingo
So after much rolling around as I cant find my old engine stand anywhere I've found the issue, and it seems, very luckily I've not caused any damage to the block/bore. There is a little mark in there but I cant feel it so a deglaze will sort it I'm sure. Had a mare when stripping it all down too, I slipped and sheared off one of the head bolts so had to drill the mofo until the pressure was released and the use a sharp punch to loosen it off.

20220321_133153.jpg

20220321_134549.jpg

20220321_135515.jpg

20220321_191717.jpg

20220321_191721.jpg

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
  Frankenstein Twingo
As im no real blogger I fitted the pistons with my back to the camera and didn't even turn it on when I had the wife helping me drop the head back on🤦‍♂️

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
  Frankenstein Twingo
Its getting there slowly, need to put some miles on it now. fitted a new (second hand) john ashley exhaust today. The car idles like a pig/rx7 but it seems to drive nicely and is still very eager to go. Mapping is a month off yet but as long as it all holds together ill give it some laps at the cliosport festival

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
  Frankenstein Twingo
So it's been pretty much 2 months since cracking a ringland and taking the car off the road. I've been pretty crappy with the updates, I keep forgetting to record anything or take pics as I've been popping out and doing bits when I've found the time or energy in-between work and life. Anyway the engine seems to be working so far, it hasn't exploded in its first 10miles 😁 It's all in the bay and running just about, idle is abit crap but it cruises along smooth enough that i can bosh the miles on and bed the rings in. I think I'll give it a few hundred miles then drop the oil for some fully synthetic. Thanks to @Brigsy for the heads up on the miller's running in oil which came in at the same price of some no name stuff. It seems to be holding all its fluids fine and isn't breathing heavy at all so I'm expecting it to be a good one with decent comp. Fingers crossed it all goes well and holds together ready for mapping in June. So far it's been up and down the local roads with some load on to help push the rings out but not many revs. I'll slowly increase everything over the next few days and pray. Managed to give it a rinse down too, doesn't scrub up too bad.

Engine thrown back together with
Meg 250 rods and pistons
172 camshafts
1.9mm cometic mls headgasket
it'll be mapped up with meg 250 map sensors and possibly the 250 injectors.
320bhp here we come (crosses fingers and toes)

20220515_161013.jpg
20220515_161009.jpg

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Really enjoy reading this thread,even if realistically it means you having to f**k around taking it all apart again 😂