ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Adeys F4RT Twingo GT

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
How are the cams timed up? Wonder if less overlap would have helped?

Moot point as it sounds like you are very happy so congrats!

Stock timing, a few degrees swing would of changed the out come for sure. We've already made more power from this turbo on stock cams but dialed it back. It's actually a great upgrade just not bringing in the willy waving numbers

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
Pulled this off the draggy today too. Without trying and on a plenty hot day. Already faster than it was. Will have to have a go with some cooler air 😎

Screenshot_20220616-113808_dragy.jpg
Screenshot_20220616-115305_Chrome.jpg

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Will be class on the road, nice linear spread of power.

20t with larger hl rear housing and turbine wheel and the power will fly up if you need more.

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
2020Porsche718 Cayman GT44.6
2017BentleyContinental Supersports4.7
2017FordMustang Shelby GT350R4.7
2021AudiRS 6 Avant4.7
2020BentleyFlying Spur4.7
2015BMWM44.7
2019FordMustang Shelby GT3504.7
2016FordMustang Shelby GT350R4.7
2016JaguarF-Type R Convertible4.7
2021JaguarF-Type R Coupe4.7
2008LamborghiniGallardo Superleggera4.7
2013Mercedes-BenzCL65 AMG4.7
2014PorschePanamera Turbo S4.7
2018FordMustang GT PP4.7
2019BentleyContinental GT Coupe4.7
2020BMWX3 M Competition4.7
2020BMWX4 M Competition4.7
2015Mercedes-BenzS65 AMG Coupe4.7
2015Aston MartinVanquish4.7

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
So this morning was nice, dry but cool so I decided to try and do some pulls on the draggy. 60 to 130mph is actually very hard to try and do in any sort of safety, same for 100-200kph. I think ill stick to my normal 60-100mph (still silly but safer still) managed to get the following result from the records.

4.51 60 to 100mph isn't shabby at all, and id recently being thinking it was feeling slow....

60-100.PNG 60-1004.5.jpg

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
So this morning was nice, dry but cool so I decided to try and do some pulls on the draggy. 60 to 130mph is actually very hard to try and do in any sort of safety, same for 100-200kph. I think ill stick to my normal 60-100mph (still silly but safer still) managed to get the following result from the records.

4.51 60 to 100mph isn't shabby at all, and id recently being thinking it was feeling slow....

View attachment 1601102 View attachment 1601103

I spot an alfa four cheese in that list. @Cub. Have a race! 🤣🤣

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I mean there absolutely should be a Twingo drag challenge at some point at CSF…how many scalps can @Adey. take. He could notch them up on the flanks of the car fighter pilot style. Bystanders could take bets!

I think rolling he would do the 35d but I think from a standing start the xdrive would benefit. I'd imagine from standing start and all that power in the twingo it may be difficult.

He's not having my scalp though 🤣

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Yeah ive not tried launching too much tbh, it wont be any good. Itll do a good impression of a Jack Russel on a laminate floor though

I need to get a dragy and see what 60-100 times are. It'll deffo be slower than 4.5 though as m4 is up there etc.

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
Little bit of prep gone on with the car now we are nearing 2k on the engine. Oil and filter change done, 3rd since the build so ill probably switch back to normal services now. I still need to give the brakes a little bleed I think. I was going to get the alignment changed up for something more track focused like I normally run but its not really worth it for a half day session. I have added a 4 point harness to the car in the best way I can, not ideal with an oem seat but id rather that and be pinned in than strain my stomach muscles (which are still a little off since the op) trying to stay in the seat. Rears in at 22 degrees into 2 x FIA compliant eye bolts and plates, mounted in sheer and 2 x b23a snap brackets beside the seats. Itll do for me (y)

Managed to slap together a video, I think I need to sort a decent microphone for the old gopro and the phone for some reason keeps corrupting videos and pictures. All probably just old and worn out tbh.

Looking forward to the CSFestival, will be a good run out and be great to catch up with folk after the lack of events in the last few years.

Last edited:

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
So where are we at, Took the twingo to the Cliosport Festival. The drive up was stupid with accidents and diversions along the way and took about 4.5 hours. Drove up with @jezer101 and met up with @ricardo for a night in the hotel. Got up the next day and met up with the rest of you reprobates (y) The car performed ok throughout the day despite the heat so was kept in low power mode. Intake temps stayed only a few above ambient but the coolant wasn't as happy. It would regularly rise to 100-105 and require a cool down. By the end of the day you struggled to get a good 2 laps in before having to cool down. Upgrades are on the cards to address that, I also have a turbo that may be starting to weep a little when up to temperature. First job when home on the Sunday was to give it a once over, no oil in the boost pipework or catch tank. Nothing to note in the bores and compression still the same as it was. Spark plugs looked good too. Though no oil has been spotted in the downpipe I'm still leaning towards it being the culprit of the smoke 🤷‍♂️ . Only real casualty was the loss of a turbo to downpipe bolt. Anyway @Brigsy has donated me an ali rad so that can go in soon and hopefully help with the cooling and ill try and find myself an undertray which I hope will keep air going through the rad rather than under it.

20220717_143838.jpg
20220718_065559.jpg
20220716_161656.jpg
20220716_103443.jpg
20220716_073722.jpg
20220715_181639.jpg
Photo_20220717143233.jpg
DSC09813.jpg
DSC09819.jpg
DSC09833.jpg

Also a little vid of @jezer101 driving the Twingo (y)

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
It's been a few weeks since blyton now and thanks to @Brigsy its had a pmt ali rad upgrade and mocal thermostatic takeoff and setrab external oil cooler. Temps now stay pretty solid in the 80s even with 28/30 degree ambient. I've done some constant silly pulls and can get it to the low 90s where it still stays solid until I drive sensibly and drop them down a little again. I'd defo say that's a win so cheers Jon 👍🏻

20220723_141706.jpg
20220723_103854.jpg
20220722_194746.jpg

It's defo getting tight in there now. Next news is the turbo is on its way out, it was a second hand unit when I fitted it and as seen at Blyton it's starting to pass a little oil when warm. Still undecided on which route to go yet as currently the car is fantastic, I worry that a bigger turbo will make it useless and break more things. Will have a think on that.

I did a little Q&A video so popping that up and a turbo noises vid too. Give us a like and subscribe, it'll be much appreciated 😁

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Wouldn't bother with a bigger turbo tbh. Just a billet hybrid of the standard unit would suffice and offer a bit of bombproofness

Performance turbo centre up near me do quite a lot of rebuilds

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
Was tempted to get this 19t redone with a cut back turbine for a touch more top end flow, didn't think of a billet comp wheel too. Will call around in the next week or so 👍🏻

Last edited:

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Was tempted to get this 19t redone with cut a back turbine, didn't think of a billet comp wheel too. Will call around in the next week or so 👍🏻

That's where I had my Megane one done Adey. Like 15 mins away from me, if you decide to give the work to them and need anything gimme a shout mate

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Glad its gone to a good home and sorted the cooling issues mate. The alloy rads work well as same style as oem with lots of small bars compared to the aftermarket larger bars and less of them which are not as efficient.

Go 20t with a larger exhaust wheel. Will get loads more bang for your buck, more power for less boost if you want around the same hp, which in turn keeps egts down and charge temps lower. Winner all round in my eyes.

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Personally I’d stick a GT45 on it. You’ll have no boost at all until about 7k, then it’ll all come in at once and make 800bhp for 200rpm. Perfect setup I’d say.

For reference my China special gt28 hits full boost at just over 3k rpm so has a bit of lag but given the short gear ratios it’s always pretty high up the rev range anyway.

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
So a small update, the car is currently off the road. Turbo was whipped off and sent to TurboDynamics for a refresh. I also included a spare stock turbo just in case they needed any spare parts to work on mine. The report came back and it wasn't great tbh. There was some forward an back play in the turbo which has written off the comp and turbine wheels, bearing housing and backplates. The oil feed in the thrust bearing was partially blocked which likely caused the issues to start and probably came from me running the Turbo after the rebuild. Oversight on my part, not sure why I didn't fit the old turbo or an inline filter like we would on the old Renault 5 GT turbos. For some reason it was fitted with a TD04L turbine over a TD04 item, even though the wheel is a tiny bit larger it has an extra blade in it and would of probably caused my top end restriction and lower peak figures. TD couldn't think why it would of been used as it adds restriction rather than reducing it. Out of all of it the only parts being salvaged for use on the new unit are the bearing housing from my old stock turbo and the machined compressor housing (which wasn't done to a high standard either so is also getting reworked) So all in all my still boosting fine turbo that had a bit of play and oil loss is a write off lol 🤦‍♂️

On the positive side, (after a little bum and wallet raping, though still loads cheaper than an off the shelf hybrid turbo) ill have a newly assembled 19T Hybrid with nearly everything new, built up with cut back turbine blades and upgraded thrust bearings.

TD04 Turbine

td04turbine.jpg

TD04L Turbine 12blade

td04lturbine.jpg

20220812_194116.jpg

20220813_075401.jpg

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
Whilst the kids and wife were out in found a few spare hours to look at fitting the rs133 undertray. The holes all lined up with ones on the subframe but had no actual fixings or threads in them. I'm unsure how they are held on on the 133 but I went with rivnuts and stainless cap head bolts. Should help with smoothing and directing airflow under the car and hopefully help towards keeping the bay cooler. Another unseen upgrade I guess 🤷🏻‍♂️

IMG-20220803-WA0014.jpg

20220819_113945.jpg

20220819_113954.jpg

20220819_145421.jpg

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
And we are back and rolling. New turbo back on and doing the business. Boost is lower than before due to it flowing better than the old unit. I run open loop boost control so it needs a few presses on the up button. Unsure what to do now. Got a hankering for another retro and i think I've gone as far as I want with the twingo so it may go up for sale. 7kono if anyone is interested 👍🏻

Have some shiny new turbo pics

20220823_102612.jpg
20220823_103152.jpg
20220823_103455.jpg
20220823_103509.jpg
20220823_110820.jpg

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Que some max power era music and add in some shaky camera footage and call it a YouTube vid. Tag yourselves in (y) Don't forget to like, comment and subscribe.

I saw the white one with 197 style front wings on the M6 yesterday. Looked quite good

Megane 250
Que some max power era music and add in some shaky camera footage and call it a YouTube vid. Tag yourselves in (y) Don't forget to like, comment and subscribe.

I was there yesterday in the black 250, twingo was going well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twingo 1??

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo 133 Cup,
Looks to be some nice modified Twingo's there. I can never find any good twingo build threads anywhere apart from yours or stuff that is 10yo.