ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP: PH2 172 Engine Noise

RSC 172 Ph2
Been meaning to get around to post this up for a while now. Was just wondering if anyone would be able to help me out here by possibly putting in the right direction of what this noise (see video below) could be caused by? It is fairly quiet on start up but becomes very clear when the motor has been running for about a minute. I think i'm due for a belt change soon anyways, but would like to know what the noise prior to seeing a mechyy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KrgWdCH2Qo

If there is anything else I could do to better help diagnose the problem let me know.

Cheers.

Lionel Richie
cambelt tensioner hitting its stop, nothing too major to worry about, but if its due a belt change get it done, or if its had a belt change, take it back to be adjusted

RSC 172 Ph2
Thats a relief I was hoping it wasn't anything major. I will get the belt service done soon. Thanks Fred.