ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help, pipex torrent throttling....

ive just signed up to them not realising they throttle most p2p including torrent, i cant get over 20k/sec using utorrent even with the encryption on, do they do any kind of peace of mind like 2 weeks after going live or that? i feel f'n robbed! it went live on the 31st of october..

thanks

ive just signed up to them not realising they throttle most p2p including torrent, i cant get over 20k/sec using utorrent even with the encryption on, do they do any kind of peace of mind like 2 weeks after going live or that? i feel f'n robbed! it went live on the 31st of october..

thanks

What port are you using?

ive been googling and looking thru forums, changing ports doesnt make a blind bit of difference, i use 45111 for the record.. im hoping i can get out of this as ive just signed up, heres hoping..

ive been googling and looking thru forums, changing ports doesnt make a blind bit of difference, i use 45111 for the record.. im hoping i can get out of this as ive just signed up, heres hoping..

Some isps filter/throttle the PORT, Others identity bit torrent / p2p packets
the only way to beat the ISP is to use VPN tunnels or other encryption. The software can marginally recognise Freenet traffic which is encrypted.

reading thru forums this has caused a national outcry, supposedly this was just implemented without warning, thousands of unhappy customers now and its 60 quid to leave, hope to fuk i can get out, waited 8 weeks to get the f'n thing live as well :rolleyes: nightmare!

Do what i did, Cancel your credit card :).

as in the direct debit? would they not take you to court for breaching the contract?

To be honest don't think they will waste there time. It will cost them more money to take you to court then they would get. got me out of my wanadoo 12 month contract
Yep, direct debit all i did was phone up bank say you lost your card. They put a stop on the card and send you a new one.

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
It would still show on your credit report as a default or similar, i would imagine?

It would still show on your credit report as a default or similar, i would imagine?

They cant take money out if you phone the bank and say you lost your card. As the bank puts a STOP on all tranfers, and they can't take out the new bank as you have a new card + number

im hoping it doesnt come to that tbh, anyone know whats involved in isp migration? do you need to still pay the cancellation fee?

Fabia vRS
the voluntary code of practice which pipex would have signed up to specifically states that they can't withold your mac code from you even if you owe them money. they have 5 days to issue you your mac code.

without a mac code you are looking at a cease and reprovide which is looking a the moment like 10 days minimum downtime.

doest look good for me, phoned them today, they are totally denying any kind of throttling on any p2p and say they only use the fair usage policy when people are continuing to download, i told him ill try another bt client and see if my speed goes up but the guy was lying thru his teeth, its well known now all over forums that they are defo throttling inc bit torrent, what a shower of pr!cks! according to them due to my are im on the tiscali network and they throttle torrent too according to the azeurus bad isp list

they also told me it would cost about 350 quid plus the 60 fee to get out the contract

dont really know what to do now :(

Not a Clio
We've been using Pipex BB for almost a year now and I regulary see over 20k/sec using Azureus so I guess Pipex are telling you the truth....

they are most certainy not, type pipex+throttle into google and see...it depends on what realm/network your on but they will all be subject to traffic shaping

Not a Clio
I am currently downloading a torrent right now at 50kB/s on Pipex via Azureus and that's with it complaining about my NAT.

172 Cup
doest look good for me, phoned them today, they are totally denying any kind of throttling on any p2p

It's in black and white in their T&C's.........

"2.18 Pipex reserves the right to manage Customer Traffic across its network. This may involve restrictions to the Customer's Service including, but not limited to, reduced connection speed, restriction of 'peer to peer' downloading or imposing specific usage limits. These restrictions maybe used singularly or in conjunction with others. Pipex reserves the right to deploy network Traffic management measures at anytime and without notice."

See if this helps - http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=pipex&Number=2365622

Fabia vRS
as i said before, i work for a pipex owned company, we did introduce traffic shaping measures, but it got such a bad reaction from customers, that they u-turned and removed the traffic shaping :D

i did 200gb last month, but i have seen the figures for some of the big downloaders on our service and i saw one with 471gb in a month!

Audi S3 225
im in same boat cant get out of the contract, even on the day it went live i tried cancelling but was too l8. Have you tried watching videos like utube etc, i cant at anytime of the day, im throttled 24 7. Cant downlaod from newgroups torrents or any p 2 p software even with encription, wotever pipex are using to throttle networks is shithot cos i cant get around it. I got 11 months to go, i feel like going for a job interview at pipex and just beating the s**t out of the manager just to make me feel better. I f**king HATE PIPEX!!!!! DIE f**king DIE!!!!!

Fabia vRS
wotever pipex are using to throttle networks is s**thot cos i cant get around it. I got 11 months to go, i feel like going for a job interview at pipex and just beating the s**t out of the manager just to make me feel better. I f**kING HATE PIPEX!!!!! DIE f**kING DIE!!!!!

it's obviously not shite, cos the whole point is that they don't want you to get round it.

Arrrgh, i've just signed up to Pipex, they haven't delivered yet, meant to be doing that this week, around the 15th, do you guys recommend i cancel and go with another company?

Audi S3 225
wotever pipex are using to throttle networks is s**thot cos i cant get around it. I got 11 months to go, i feel like going for a job interview at pipex and just beating the s**t out of the manager just to make me feel better. I f**kING HATE PIPEX!!!!! DIE f**kING DIE!!!!!

it's obviously not s**te, cos the whole point is that they don't want you to get round it.

i said s**t HOT. not shite u fool!

CLIOpatra, L22EE W™
Arrrgh, i've just signed up to Pipex, they haven't delivered yet, meant to be doing that this week, around the 15th, do you guys recommend i cancel and go with another company?

Try this package...

www.homecall.co.uk

Tis Pipex, taken over a company called Homecall. Hence they are calling themselves Pipex Homecall now! This is who I am currently with for telephone & BB. Basically telephone, with FREE unlimited calls, and upto UNLIMITED 8 meg BB for only £29.99 inc. VAT! If your thinking about joining, gimmie a shout. So I can refer you!

Our great new up to 8Mb broadband is just £6.50 a month with our Anytime calls package and line rental. Unlike some broadband offers, with Pipex Homecall's up to 8Mb there's no waiting, no hidden charges - just great value broadband!

Save over £90 vs BT1 over 12 months with our up to 8Mb broadband package – plus you get FREE modem and FREE connection, FREE calls for life between all Pipex Homecall customers2 and FREE mobile option! Plus, our package includes Line Rental, which means everything on one bill – simple, easy & convenient!

Already have broadband? It's easy to switch and save with EASYSWITCH from Pipex Homecall.

Cheap calls - Don’t forget we also offer great value cheap calls and guarantee to save you money against the comparable BT package. Get half price unlimited local & national calls all day every day from just £6.25 a month.3

Audi S3 225
tell u the truth i wish i had stayed with aol, their software is a resource hog, but u dont need it and with a wireless router it works perfect, no limits no throttling no blocked ports no anything. Probably because they the biggest company they can afford to do this.

Orange is being good to me :) Downloaded 948GB in the last month and they havnt emailed/lettered me yet

The funny thing is i'm only paying for the 2GB download limit and i think i have gone a lil bit over this.

Here a quote from Wanadoo
Suckers said:
Your current broadband package is:
Broadband Plus (Up to 8 Meg speed, 2 GB download guidance, including Wireless & Talk, £17.99 a month)

Last edited: