ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP please before I kill some cvnt

182 And Glanza
how has people found puttin an after market stereo in there 182? I bought one and its doing my head in. When putting the sleeve in, do you bend the clips on the side or is that what the stereo locks into? And is it a tricky fit because the centre console has a bow in it? Please help because I'm going to get 12 years in a minute lol

Polo + Micra
a chmip could fit it in 10 mins :clown:

with the cage bend the clips out the will hold it into the dash (probavly about 4 clips) the stereo will clip into that with pre made holes

182 And Glanza
So bend the two biggest clips on each side? Even more gutted because now I've given up and put the original back in, it's asking me for a code, another 8 quid... Lol

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Just bend whatever clips will hold the cage in mate. iirc I used a couple along the top and couple along the bottom.

Honestly mate if I can do this then you can.

Just make sure that when you put the head unit in you feed the wires so they don't foul the head it stopping it from slotting in all the way.

182 And Glanza
Sweet I just worried I bent the wrong clips but if not then I best order a new sleeve as mine is now fcuked lol thanks for your help fellas.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
When you get your new one pop the head unit into the cage and you'll see which clips are the ones that hold the unit into the cage.

And by the way, you'll probably find a decent priced cage on eBay. That's where I got mine.

Polo + Micra
you'll be able to bend the clips back and get it in

i've done it changing head units between cars

As above DO NOT bend the large clips on the sides they are slightly bent in towards where the radio sit so when you slide the radio on they push themselves into the side of the radio locking it in place. If you bend them, bend them back to how they where or you will find you have an annoyingly loose radio. When you buy the radio you get 2 "keys" like long strips of metal usually with a 90 degree bend on the end of each as handles. When you slide these down each side of the radio it pushes the longs tabs out of the side of the radio releasing it. To lock the cage as mentioned there are normally triangular shaped tabs about 2 at the top of the cage and maybe 3 on the bottom.

Cheers

Nick