ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help please bird Sh*t

Clio Campus 2007!
right i bought a dark blue purply colour in december the car is fantastic condition apart from the bonnet the lass who had it b4 me let brid poo burn on and mark the bonnet now it looks crap. no word of a lie there is about 10-12 blobs a couple of them i can see silver which is down to the metal i have have tryed machine polish with g3 then hand polish with g10 thanks

Unfortunately bird sh*t penetrates under the paint and actually stains in permenantly due to the chemicals in it. You'll prob need a respray on the bonnet mate.

You could try t-cut but I doubt it will work.

I always keep a pack of wet wipes in my car to clean up after the buggars.

Mito Sportiva 135
The damage is permanent I am afraid. Like Lust says, best to keep a cloth and some QD in your boot so you can wipe it off before it has time to damage. The black bird lime you get seems to bond like concrete to paint, even if you tackle it immediately. Horrible stuff!

Try a machine polish first, but might need a respray if you are serious about removing the damage.

106 GTi
Wet sanding and then a machine polish may sort it depending on how deep it has etched.

106 GTi
How much petrol to put in a tank, how to wax you chest etc are complex for you though ....

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  Q8 E-Tron
I once left birdshit on the roof of my laguna for about 3 months, more or less burnt right through into the passenger compartment haha