ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help Please stuck at work :(

Just finished work, went out to the car and the thing wont start. I have a mk1 172, the remote key isnt working either. The stop light has come on and it wont let me start the car. its asthough the immobiliser is on, as it wont let the car fire up

any ideas? Am waiting for a tow home, as we speak.

Pain in the ass,

Golf R/Leon FR

could be that the immobiliser has broken hence the car not starting

either that or it wont switch off

have you checked your battery terminals?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

key probably needs re syncing! not cheap! (about 1 hours labour)

Poxy french sh!te just decides to give up whenever they want, we get loads coming into work.

Da

Less

check the earth to the starter motor, if the dash lights are on then i think it wont be the immobiliser (although could be wrong) Just pop the bonnet give the earth cable which goes to the starter motor a bit of a wobble then try again.

DC5

turn the ignition on for about 30 secs, then turn it back to off and try and start it.

i think that is wot sorted it for me. i was sat in my car for half hour once trying to start it. it was the immobiliser

Cheers for the replies,

Had to leave the car at work overnight, just got back in.

Turn the key, and none of the dash lights up. Theres nothing, no noise no lights. But the radio,lights etc all work so it doesnt look like its the battery. Tried the spare key today, but thats dine no good.

The immobiliser light is still flashing though. Got a bloke coming to look at this morning, think itd be worthwhile getting an auto electrician out?

Cheers for the replies, much appreciated. Flippin french! My mate who picked me up, was feeling well smug in his german golf, Never broken down once, and its about 10 yrs old.

SC 172 FF

try disconnecting everythin from the batery leave it 4 bout an hr or 2 then reconnect, c if this does anythin?

just a thought as i was told 2 do this 2 sort my alarm out!

Well theyve took her away now :( so I just hope its not too expensive. Will let you know what it is, as soon as I do.

Thanks for all the suggestions

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

My cup had the exact same problem, it wouldnt lock or unlock with the remote, and the passenger door key hole would only open that one door. Battery was fine, but when you went to position III on the key turn, it would just do nothing. Called AA man (with the AA assistance thingy) and he came, removed the 4 leads that go into the top of the engine, cleaned them, and then tested battery for charge while trying to turn the car over, it started...he didnt know what the hell it was either...maybe youre experiencing the same thing. (PS. Mine has been fine and started ever since).