ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help please, Toshiba laptop won't boot up

Polo + Micra
yep take that hard drive out of the carrier (4 screws on the side) and replace with new drive then

slot it all back together re-install windows and away you go

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Carrier?

From what you just said I'm guessing that the HDD is inside the metal case I've posted images of and they need swapping?

I wasn't aware of this. Will the SSD fit inside the carrier the same? ie; are the drive physically the same size?

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I have another question;

Does anyone know where I can get windows Vista or 7 from that doesn't cost ££££'s

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Good news; the hard drive is showing up on another laptop.

Bad news; I can't get into it.

Any ideas?

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Bump.

I'm struggling to figure this one out. I can't take ownership of the drive so I can get into it to view the file on it.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Are you booting in windows?

if so you will need to boot into safe mode and then click through properties to change yourself to the owner.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I'm using a second laptop and a SATA to USB 2.0 adaptor to try and gain access to the drive.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
ok, so boot that computer into safe mode and take ownership of the drive.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Last attempt with it this evening. I've got some hard drive recovery software called Recuva. It's trying to scan the drive for any files that it can. If this doesn't work then I'm out of ideas.