ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help please with iPhone and Hotmail

Hey all

Got a bit of an issue with my iPhone and Hotmail.

I have set it all up as it says online somehwere (did it pretty much day of release last year so can't remember where I got the settings) and everything works as it should. Appears in Mail, emails come through etc etc.

However, I cannot send emails, or reply or forward. It says I do not have a password entered, but obviously I do as my emails come through.

Anyone shed any light on the situ?

Cheers

DMS

A thirsty 172
The iPhone stores the password twice - once for the inbound mail server and one for the outbound. They can both be the same server, but it will still store two copies of the password.
My guess is that you haven't got your password entered in the SMTP server settings.

Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Hotmail > SMTP (under Outgoing Mail Server) > Primary Server. Then enter your password.
If it's greyed out and doesn't allow it, make a note of the settings, then go back a step to "Add server", then enter all the details exactly as they were, enter your password, give it a different name to the other server, set it to on and save the settings. Job done.

EDIT: Instructions for setting up access to your Hotmail on your iPhone - http://windowslivehelp.com/solution.aspx?solutionid=6ae4b9c2-1c01-4e9c-bdc5-12da8728f4c2

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Sending and receiving emails use 2 different types of server.

As the error message is explaining, you need to enter the username and password for the hotmail smtp server.

See settings/Mail and then your hotmail account.