ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help Please =(

Clio RenaultSport 172 cup
I have had my Clio 172 for 7 months, and obviously love it. It gets treated well (allowed to warm up/ not red lined etc) but occasionally driven hard.

I paid for an extended warranty which i was told covered everything apart from consumables (brakes, tyres, parts of exhaust)

It recently made some unhealthy noises and continued to brake down.

It has been inspected and i have been told the alternator shredded (after citroen serviced it 7 months previously) and bits of it caused the CAM belt to jump teeth and the pistons hit the valves.

Citroen have told me this is not covered (the alternator belt) under their warranty and my engine is a write off =( obviously very upsetting.

Renault say new engine is £4250.20 not including labour, which is a lot for a 20 year old bloke.

Have i got good ground to argue/appeal against this? or does this sound standard.correct for a warranty?

or

Any ideas how or where you can find a reconditioned engine from ?

Thank you ppl enjoy happy driving :(

ValverInBits
unlucky mate. You and the most fearsome and angry person you know (me ma in my case!) go down to citroen and start nice, but don't leave until it's resolved.

Can you claim on insurance for things like this?

As they'd write it off I'd imagine, which means you can buy a new car lol

It's been 7 months, therefore will be extremely hard to get anything I imagine, but you could speak to the Citizen's Advice Bureau to see what they say :)

In a worst case scenario, where a rebuild is just as much or more than a new engine, it might be worth seeing what other engines will fit.

If there's room for a megane 225 engine under there, for example... :evil:

RS mk2 172
Firstly is likey just to be cylinder head rebuild and not a new engine so get some quotes from a local independant garage. Secondly theres one on e bay just now.