ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Valver

please help my locking wheel nut key broke when i was undoing the wheel nut AND I NEED A NEW WHEEL BEARING AND TYRES!

please can someone lend me there key (ill pay postage and give you a bit of money) just so i can get rid of them and go back to standard nuts!

HERE IS THE KEY CODE WRITTEN DOWN THE SIDE OF THE KEY IF ITS THE SAME AS YOURS PLS LEND ME YOUR KEY ILL PAY POSTAGE AND STUFF.. THE NUMBER IS 7R6

HERES A FEW PHOTOS OF WHAT THE KEY LOOKS LIKE HELP MUCH APPRICIATED!!!!

or anyone recommend a website for new keys?

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1076532330__DSCF0025.jpg

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Ive not got one mate sorry. But to try and help I can tell you that it looks very very like a Halfords own brand key - just in case you didnt know where to get a replacement once this is sorted out.

Willy2

i had a set of those types on my car 3 of the 4 came off without a struggle, the forth one was a complete f*cker, after i got them off i was so releived i gave the key to my mate who had a similar problem to you, the key perished when he tried to get his off, sorry! I know where your coming from!

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by _KDF on 11 February 2004

Just get a replacement from Renault.
doesnt look like a gen renault key and if it is its very old so you cant order replacements.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

have you tried a set of locking wheel nut removing sockets.quite cheap but youll have to buy some new locking wheel nuts after.

what about one of those tools - cant remember what they are called. but have lots of pins at the end, which push up and form a shape. therefore gripping a nut or something.

looks an easy one to get off but you can get a replacement if you have the code. looks like you need a tool with a + shaped end, perhaps on a drill or wrench.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by Phil 99 on 12 February 2004
what about one of those tools - cant remember what they are called. but have lots of pins at the end, which push up and form a shape. therefore gripping a nut or something.

heh, you mean one of them gator things.. lol someone watches to much QVC ...

320d M Sport

i had something similar happen. luckily got it off after about 3 hours, it was a complete swine!

i hate them now, total arse to get off.

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Will check code on mine. Must be a Renault item as mine is the same. Lost it once and my dad fabricated a new one but with only 3 of teh 4 prongs, this may work better. Photo taken before it broke as it look ok?