ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help please !!!!

RS200 Cup
Hi everyone,
Just after some advice plz [emoji6]
I have a RS200 Cup and I’ve normally driven it too track days so have road insurance/tax etc.
I’m now pulling out seats etc, adding struts and turning into a proper race day rocket.
For those of you who have done this do you drive to the racetrack or use a trailer ??
I’m interested as mods on the car mess with road insurance so wondering what everyone’s view is ???
[emoji23] doing all this as bored shitless being on lockdown !!!!
Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm still at the stage of driving to tracks, my track car is partially stripped and caged with rose jointed suspension etc

The journeys to track are tolerable, but I've been contemplating a trailer as there are always compromises being road/track.

Trailers aren't cheap, need a suitable vehicle to pull them, plus enough space to put it all etc. If you can, it allows you to focus on developing a car optimised for track and no longer need to pay tax & insurance for the track car.

If modifying a road car for track, go with an insurance company such as Greenlight; they cover all your mods and don't charge you for most mod changes. They also offer the option of covering your car on track for £45 each trackday (except Castle Combe as Quarry is too risky!)