ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help please

right driving my car yesterday i was getting a very high pitched vibration noise when accelerating hard. I looked into this problem to find what appears to be two wiring looms/harnesses just dangling down behind my dash. Im confused as to what these are for as nothing has stopped working so it seems they are just spare but its strange they just appear to be dangling around freely? its not where you would plug the diagnostic computer in is it maybe?

o btw its a 2002 mk clio

cheers

you get the noise through your speakers? is so thats alternater whine.

i cant remeber what looms there are, but if they are not connected to anything, then its probably not them causing the noise.

did you buy the car new? as sometimes to fit things such as car kits you plug the existing loom into a y splitter then one branch goes to the HU the other to the phone, does it look as if there is a y splitter in anywhere? can you see where these apear to be running?

also could you describe the shape of the blocks and how many (and there colurs) wires run into them

rorrie