ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP: Problem Fitting B&M Quickshifter

Integra DC5 Type R

Folks, hoping you guys can help me out here. I just been to get the B&M fitted at a performance place and we have encountered a problem.

I got a Clio 172 Mk 2, and the B&M sent to me is for "91-96 Clio, 1996-2000 Megane, 1991-96 R5". Is this the correct one first of all??

Secondly, it appears there is no "hook" to lift the cable which selects reverse. There is a small hook on the standard gear stick collar which lifts the cable to engage reverse. There is no similar hook on the B&M.

Any suggestions what to do???

Integra DC5 Type R

Just been onto B&M and the part number is the one which is usually sent out to the 172 owners. So any HELPFUL suggestions gratefully received.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

You dont need a hook, its all inc (right part BTW) sounds as if you havent assembled it right

you remove the old shifter completely from the car by removing the heat shield and then the large O ring

You then throw it in the bin!!

assemlbe the B&M (collar slides over shaft with a spring then is held by a pin, this is you new lift up mech)

FRED

Integra DC5 Type R

ok. the mechanic took one look at the old shifter and the new parts and said it couldnt be done. (?) So where on the new shifter do you attach this cable? The cable is attached to the old shifter at the bottom of the collar.

996 Carrera

FRED is right.

The cable is not needed on the B and M shift. The cable is used to pull the bottom of the gearstick mechanism over a riser on the left of the gearshift mounting. This then allows you to engage reverse.

On the B and M shift, a collar and roll pin is used instead of a cable to lift the bottom of the stick mechanism over the riser.

Id suggest using another mechanic if he hasnt got the brains to detach the gear lever gaitor and look at the mechanism itself.

Integra DC5 Type R

Right... got it fitted last week and not only does it look scwheet, it makes a massive difference to changing gear.

After initial teething problems with understanding how to fit it, it took about 3/4 of an hour.

Would definitely recommend one as a relatively cheap but very effective mod.

yeah the hook is only used for the reverse mechanism to pull the lift collar back down. A spring is incorporated in the B&M to push the collar back down. It had me a bit confused also untill i pulled the shift boot to have a look, the hook is part of the standard shifter and as such when you remove the standard shift, it all goes.

A new place which sells the B&M is http://www.msport.co.ukhttp://www.msport.co.uk. I am getting the shifter in 2 days and am looking forward to it...I am tired of the spongy feel of the standard system.

I even managed to get he knob off the standard shifter so I can use it when selling....with the good use of a drill!!!

does it make driving feel more sporty & positive on the gear change like rally car stuff ? also is this basically the same one that Ktec sell ??? pics please

(y)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

there are much cheaper places, i have mentioned it before, few times fed up of saying it over and over lol, search the old posts and you will find the details....