ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help! should i spend

80MPG BEEZA
ok people

trying to pay 700 off my credit card and got it down to 398.00 in just over 2 weeks but i've been offered a B&M short shifter and a set of magnecor leads (red ones) for £150 squids i'm tempted but i dunno if i should do it

what ya think?

80MPG BEEZA
ok hows about i pay another 50 off on thursday that way its only going upto 500 so i still dont feel toooo bad on myself

80MPG BEEZA
lol well i've just offered the guy 140 for the lot and i've opened up a halifax web saver and put a tenner into it so we'll see what the outcome is, if he takes 140 then i'll get it if not then i'll wait it out and pay off the card :)

1.8 Civic EX
Michael.zerafa said:
what's the point of having money and not spending it anyway! that's why cars solve man probs mate

haha but he hasn't got money...a credit card isn't his money...you can afford it then get it...if your using your credit card due to not aving anything in a current account then I wouldn't bother....

VRS
pay off the card :) dont like debt

according to matt black the b&m's are shite anyway! apparently the clio gear box jut isnt setup for it and the short shift will help to balls it up :(

172cup/BMW 320 coupe
id pay the card off! the magnacor leads are only 60 quid new! dont no anything about short shifter?
just out of interest, whats the difference between the red and blue(i think?) leads?

BMW M4; S1000 RR
You got Saints Row ????

Go borrow money on that and use it to buy a car ;) Then sit tight and wait for the outcome :rasp:

(For those in the dark, it's two loons that own a loan shark business, their number one rule: f**king pay us back on time :star: )

Seriously though, would definately forget about the short shifter and leads, you don't need them, and you DO need to get rid of the credit card debt;)

172 Cup
cliokhunt said:
People that need credit cards can't use them. And people that can use them, don't need them.

Above comment is probably true but credit cards can be useful things. I've had mine for bout 3 years now, never paid interest on anything I've bought on it. 45 days interest free credit.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Pay off the card while you've got the chance, otherwise the debt and interest will just run on and on.

RB 200 Cup!
personally im not keen on being in debt so would pay the card but if you really want the bits then get em - end of the day your decision really

BMW E46 330i Touring
coxy40 said:
Yeh Fcuk it i got just under 5k on credit cards main for car parts and accesories

:eek: Think of the interest you're paying on that lot! It's all well saying "sod it, I'll sort it later" but that debt will take some serious work to get under control.

I've got about £200 on my credit card, which I'm happy to pay the negligable interest on, but I won't use it again until it's all paid off.

Leon Cupra 300
pay the card off fella, i have a card which i use only for buying stuff online with, just to cover my arse.. gets paid off fully every month..

if ill be unable to pay off i really wont buy it

A Fcukin Car
God u lot are so sensible.

I wish I could stop spendin on my credit card but I just cant, I really live above my means and however hard I try to stop spending I can't, I am now £7k in debt on cards and the interest is crippling!!

1.8 Civic EX
philmots said:
pay the card off fella, i have a card which i use only for buying stuff online with, just to cover my arse.. gets paid off fully every month..

if ill be unable to pay off i really wont buy it

same as me mate, most sensible thing to do....

just saying, oh well it's only money, or you got it so spend it are sure fire ways of getting yourself well and truely screwed!

car? need a license 1st!
pay the debt off dude.. i'm about 1500 in debt.. :\ it's s**t.. and i don't even have a car!!

Clio 182
I'v got about 16 K spread across 3 credit cards which are all on 0% interest and 3.5 k on 3.9% (for life). I move them around from card to card when the interest free term ends. But I have no car loan. If I lost my job I could clear the lot by selling the car and using my savings to clear the rest so i'm not too worried. As long as I don't pay megga amounts of interest on them which I get round by balance transfers. A lot of the money on the cards is due to an over hault I did on my house so i've added value to my house too.

Leon Cupra 300
when i came out of uni just over a year ago i had, -1800 in one account, -1250 in another, 850 on a credit card, owed 600 in rent, and 400 in fees.. all thats long gone and ive bought myself a cup...

when i owed all that i could hardly sleep at night.. people really should take a good long look at there incomings and outgoings and go figure. i think soimething is seriously wrong if you got 7k on a card with nothing to show for it.

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
Pay the card off, its not worth putting any more on it.

Best thing you can do is have a little pot somewhere safe that you put a £10 a week into, then after a couple of months you can use what you have saved up to treat yourself, works for me.

A Fcukin Car
philmots said:
i think soimething is seriously wrong if you got 7k on a card with nothing to show for it.

I have got 7k on a card but have lots to show for it, thats the problem I have bought too much!!!!