ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help - squeaking noise from engine??

Recently, got squeaking noise from the engine bay.
It happens ONLY when start up the engine and when I bring the clutch up and bring the revs in. It is fine during higher speed.

I had only changed the cambelt, aux belt, idler and water pump 2 yrs ago (parked my car for 1 yr, only start up and run a bit every 3 months)

My friend said it might be the crankshaft pulley.
Any idea?

RS RIP
Clutch related ? pressure group ?

Could also be a mount ; when engine tilts/leans over you get the squeek ?

I dun think it relates to clutch or mount.
It is from the aux belt area.

Sorry for my bad English. Maybe it is not "when I bring the clutch up and bring the revs in". What I mean is for example, the noise also happens when I switch from 1st to reverse. And again, you won't hear it when the car is running.

It is same as if your door has squeaking noise, it happens only when you open it slowly. If you open it fast, u can't hear that.

ClioSport 172 Cup
Talkin about aux belt. I changed mine today and noticed the plastic casing around and above the under drive pulley the belt seems as if it eats into that over time! :/, anyone else noticed this ? its making a hole in the plastic! lol