ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help!! strange knocking noise

i encounter a knocking/judderinhg noise when cornering tight corners quite fast/hard and only when its a right hand bend. It only happens on bumpy uneven surfeces and only on sharp/tight corners never long sweeping ones. (the most commen being up my local shopping centre multi story going up or down the tightish corkscrew of a ramp).
It was in with renault last week who modified the bodywork around the top of the shocks and they felt this may help. It had been knocking there as there was obvious signs of contact but this wasnt the knocking i had tried to explain to them. After getting the car back i took the main technician out who then heard what it was. He seemed to think it was coming from driver side and may have been something to do with the engine mount? said it wasnt dangerous anyway.

Just wondered if anyone had had anything similar and if so what the cause was? as my car is now out of warrenty and every visit is costing me more money.

cheers