ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help!! Suspension Top mount

ph1 172
Hi,
After fitting new bushes I have noticed the knocking on my car is worse. Also Iv noticed this
C6C6FAA6-9B61-419E-97DA-15751240EC65-1363-00000142EBC09E41.jpg

Anyone have any ideas what to do? Would be greatly appreciated. Iv repalced the bearing and bush/mount.

Thank you

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
I posted a photo similar to this when I fitted my KTR Coilies and was told its normal? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361957224.587306.jpg

Like Stevo said your pic Alexiooo looks normal but the op one has clearly been fitted wrong. Its sitting far too high, so I'm not surprised its knocking more

182 FF, A6 Avant
I'm due to rebuild mine soon and I've noticed that one is currently sitting higher than the other side. One seems like the second photo, but the other seems tighter to the body. What is probably wrong?

Got a picture of that?
Also is that when the car is on a flat road with the weight of the car spread out evenly?

ph1 172
Cheers for all the reply's!
I stripped the struts off the car last night and there doesn't appear to be anything missing and everything seems to be on in the right order and the right way round. My original top mounts sat the same as the second picture and the tops part turn when you turn the steering wheel.

PH2 Flamer
Wherr did you get the mounts from?

I had the same issue. Swapped the new rubber mount to old ones still using new bearing and it sorted it. I used motor factors. Might be the same fix.

I recently fitted coilies to my non-sport and my top mounts sit quite high, I was going to replace them as I imagine they're probably wrecked. If the car is lowered, SHOULD they sit a little high? Is it better to space them up so it's snug?
I was going to get a powerflex bush kit to refresh all the bushes in the car. Worth it perhaps?

Cup In bits
I recently fitted coilies to my non-sport and my top mounts sit quite high, I was going to replace them as I imagine they're probably wrecked. If the car is lowered, SHOULD they sit a little high? Is it better to space them up so it's snug?
I was going to get a powerflex bush kit to refresh all the bushes in the car. Worth it perhaps?

Replacing bushes wont make a bit of difference to how your top mounts will sit.

It looks like you have fitted the wrong type of nut to hold the spring in.

Order is iirc from removing mine a while back.

Spring - spring cap - bearing - top mount - spacer that holds the top mount down - small nut (only a few mm's tall) - top hat in the engine bay.

ph1 172
I just used the 17mm nut that come off. Everything was put together as you describe. Baffled the hell out of me! orded solid top mounts now