ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help/Tips On Fitting TDC Sensor....

C3 Picasso Beast
I'm going to attempt to fit one later on the Clio so just wondering if anyone has any tips or advice to help me?? I know what I'm roughly doing but I'm pretty crap at anything like this!

One question I have is I'm assuming the two plastic tube things that came with it are for fixing the wires together but how do you actually use them?? Do they need nipping with a pair of pliers or something??

Thanks

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
the tubes have a ring of solder in there. Slip the tube over a piece of wire, twist the wires together, then move the tube so the solder ring os over the joint. Point heat gun as tube, and watch the solder melt into the wire and shrink to a seal

C3 Picasso Beast
Hmm this isn't as easy as I thought it was going to be!

Have managed to get the old sensor out and have cut the old connector off but that's as far as I've got after about 2 1/2 hours! That sensor is in such a stupid place it took me bloody ages to even get the two nuts out! Managed to drop a socket underneath the engine while I was at it so that's gone! Did attempt to fit one of the tube things onto one connection but melted it too much and screwed it up. As for the other tube I managed to drop that under the engine as well :eek:

I now obviously need some more tubes but where can I get them?? Had a look on Maplin's website who don't seem to sell them and found some on eBay but there like £5 for 10. If that's the going rate for these I'll buy them but to me that seems expensive. Also I think my soldering iron is pretty s**t so could I use one of these to do the melting/soldering or would it be too hot??

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gas-Torch-Hot-Air-Shrink-Tubing-Heat-Gun-K37-/221167732653?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D14%26meid%3D4362409752396809949%26pid%3D100015%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D4%26sd%3D290829137577%26

Kind of wish I hadn't bothered trying this at the mo because in it's current state I couldn't even call out the RAC if I wanted to because it's a self inflicted problem :(

P.s....Yes I am as crap/clumsy as I sound!