ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help........urgent

rn club med mk1 1.2
just got my car back from getting the susspetion down (new springs and shocks) and the guy said at the garage that the starer motor pulg could do with a clean as it wasnt a great connection so got the car home disconnected the battery gave it a clean and put it back togeather but cause i disconnected the battery this reset the immpobliser which had stoped worked months ago the problem is the central locking sensour got wet due to leaking sunroof and no longer works so i can un immoblise my car
now i need to know
a is there anyway i can bypass the immobliser
b if i get a replacement sessour can i just plug it stright in or does it need to be recallbrated
any help at all would be great as i need the car asap
regards luke

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
sensor is plug and play but the key may have come uncoded from the car, no bypassing the immob unless you work for renault

clio 1.8 16v m reg
go down scrap yard get a sensor plug in and put new battery in key then point key at sensor plip a load of times then it should work

rn club med mk1 1.2
yea i wish it was that easy the only scrappy 4 miles around says they have got any clios in with the sesour which sucks and renault cant get it till wednesday but im away to college down in ayr on monday so i can even do any work on the car which sucks
on the upside found 1 on ebay but ages left on it

clio 1.8 16v m reg
try taking amp cable off battery and reconnecting battery lock and un lock car try starting

valver
try taking the sensor out (i think you mean the reciever) give it a dry hair dryer would be good f you can get access to one, plug it back in and keep pressing the fobber and if you have got 2 fobbers press both alternativly, if this fails clean the connections up with wd40 and let it dry out. hope this helps, persurver with it it works in the end