ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help... wasting money???

Clio 182
hello everyone wonder if some of you could help been looking at k-tec, ive got a standard 182 at the moment and thinking of getting these things done to it what you all think?? will there be a significant difference?

KTR Remap <-- any good?
KTR ultra performance Exhaust & Sports Cat
Lightweight Flywheel
Group N Clutch <-- do i need this or just go for standard?

is there anything better than this stuff performance wise??

Thanks Peeps :D

Bumder With A Buffer
strip the interior? that free

Indeed! Makes it sound f**king awesome and goes Better with just the rear seats and wheel etc out. I had mine out for some track time at rockingham and since putting it all back in feels a bit heavier. You'd be surprised at what all that crap weighs

Clio 172
Remap...great upgrade for the clio's, smoothed out power and torgue curves, gives a small power boost, and higher rev limit

Exhaust and sports cat...IMO a great upgrade for any car, although I would go for a decat due to price, and just swap it come MOT time, will improve power and torque figures and curves

Lightweight flywheel...supposedly a good upgrade, although i can't speak from experience as i've never tried it, will reduce low end torque

Group N clutch...don't bother changing yours unless its on the way out, and if it is change it for a standard one they're good enough. group n clutch might put strain on your standard engine mounts

Clio 182
nice one mate, my clutch has gone so im in 2 minds to get a standard one or a group N, if i used the decat will it keep my engine light on do you no? thanks mate.

Clio 172
There would be no need for a lightweight flywheel or group n clutch kit on a road car, or even track car. If you were building a full on race car or high boost turbo clio, then i would consider 250 and 325 plus vat for the flywheel and clutch kit respectively. It could be the guts of almost 700 pound better spent IMO

Clio 182 CUP In Silver
this will probs show the most difference aswell. :)

yeh it transformed mine i preferd it stripped i did everything out lol, and when ya brake at about 80 it shakes its arse lool worth doing,, leather seats weight a bit.

Lionel Richie
even just do track days and get some experience under you're belt! i took a chap out in the dynacup the other week, he had a stock 172 and wanted cams etc etc, after i'd taken him out he wanted suspension and brakes ;)

they're a quick car anyway, you just need to learn how to extact the best from them (same goes for any car really)

go have some fun and stop worrying about what air filter and remap you have!

320d
freds right imo. If you must go for raw power balls to the flywheel and clutch get matched inlets and v6/ph1/maxogen airbox.

Lionel Richie
^but that will gain you what? 5-7bhp on a good day (being generous!) which is worth naff all TBH!

a well serviced, mint running car, with a decent suspension and brake setup, driven properly (really properly!) will keep up with (dare i say it!) a ITB car driven by an amateur!

oh my flame suit is in for it now!

Clio 182 CUP In Silver
Exactly fred, i wont waste my money really on tuning a car, never have done, recently in the clio ive had the confidence and learnt where to brake in a corner, sounds nothing but feel proud of my self for having the balls not to brake through corners, its not all about performance as said, tyres alone can make a hughe diffrence, im quite fond of the pilots i got on now, jus need some decent brakes and mabe some eibach pro or sportine springs and thats it.

Lionel Richie
i say it to everyone that rings me up, sort the brakes and suspension first, get out have a laugh on track and learn how to drive, then come back and see me, seems daft as i'm in a way doing myself out of business, but that's what i did and how i learnt

getting all het up about having this that and the other is a) expensive, and b) madness! but i guess whatever floats your boat!

remember all the gear and no idea isn't a good look!!

ITB'd MK1
^but that will gain you what? 5-7bhp on a good day (being generous!) which is worth naff all TBH!

a well serviced, mint running car, with a decent suspension and brake setup, driven properly (really properly!) will keep up with (dare i say it!) a ITB car driven by an amateur!

oh my flame suit is in for it now!

swings and roundabouts. Power will help you overtake quicker and safer, brakes and suspension will help you deal with the corner that's approaching a lot faster after the overtake, due to more power. A balance of both is the key to modification.

Very much agree on the 5-7bhp gains

Lionel Richie
more power is cheating, its a bit like being an M3 owner ;)

i get your point danny, people will always want to spend money on making their car "better" and thats fine!

but i think people should really appraise their skills behind the wheel first. Firstly it will help to give an idea of what they really want/need, and second it will help them "if" in future they do go for more power. put joe average in a 240bhp+ clio and its a ticking time bomb IMO considering a lot of people seem to try their hardest to kill themselves in stock cars!

people seem to forget the main fundamental, fun! you don't NEED an all singing/dancing car to have a laugh and to learn something!

Clio 182
Guys i dont want to race my car around a track or strip the car out, my clutch has gone, will there be any performance change in doing the lightweight flywheel and group N clutch, and is the k-tec remap any good??