ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP: water/wind/dark clouds...

Arctic blue 182ff
RIGHT basically its fooking windy down here in poole, so i thouhgh i'd take my d40 to the harbour, see if theres any windsurfers around.

as i'm very new to my dslr, what settings shall i play around with in these weather conditions??

JAck

Arctic blue 182ff
mmm how? lol - i know how to play with the shutter speed, but iso and the whit balance not

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
only you really knows what the conditions are - its all about trying different settings and figuring out what works best for the type of photo you are looking for.

182-racing-blue

Thats if he doesnt get blown away, look forward to the photographs.

Cupra
I always get better results using manual settings when taking shots of surfers/ kite surfers. The reflection/ glare off the water can mess with your metering so I normally meter off my hand and take it from there, checking the histogram to be safe.

Arctic blue 182ff
JUST GOT BACK!! :D:D:D was with Animal's pro winsurfer Timo and his team-mate Sam pics just uploading onto comp now :p