ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP :What is the problem with Renault !

Morning

My 6mth old Cup went in for a new gearbox to my local dealership. The car came back with 11 more faults, caused by the sloppy workmanship. I am no mechanic but the faults were so obvious including a nasty knocking noise.

The car went back in to the same dealership, a week later I get the car back with 8 faults and still the knocking which they think might be the engine mounts.

Not happy with the service I wrote to the dealer principal and Renault UK, get a reply from Renault UK but there is nothing they can do but no reply from the dealership. Took time of work and went back to the dealership and spoke to the Service Manager. He agreed the work was very sloppy and the mechanic who did the work had been spoken to, when I asked why the car keeps coming back with more faults he explained that all mass produced cars have faults. He told me to come back in a week with a list of faults, they will keep the car for a week and get it all fixed. I put it in writing again to the dealer principal and was surpised to get a reply, not from him but from the service manager.

My car is now with them, I have a lovely 1.2 clio now for the 3rd week. As I am not happy about the whole affair I contacted my local newspaper, dont expect a response as the dealership regularly advertise with them. What else should I do, Renault UK dont want to know and the dealership are next to useless, they even said maybe you should take it back to the dealer you bought it from ! Should I take legal advice ? Maybe reject the car.... Contact trading standards ??? Anyone else had the same type of story.

I expected Renault UK would have been a little more involved, after all over the years I have bought a few Renaults, 5 Turbo Raider, Willy 3 and now the Clio Cup.

Thanks in advance

Jason

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Reject if you bought the car on finance you are within your rights to stop the payment

Name and shame too

not renault enfield?

Golf 1.4 TSI

WITH ALL THE PROBLEMS I HAVE ENCOUNTERED WITH RENAULT AND ALL THE ONES I HAVE HEARD ON HERE I THINK ITS TIME WE ALL GO TO RENAULT UK AS A GROUP. MAYBE A MASS MAJORITY OF COMPLAINTS BY A GROUP SUCH AS THIS WILL ACTUALLY MAKE THEM TAKE NOTICE.

Whitehouse Renault in Tonbridge

They were done recently by Trading Standards for overcharging !! They sent a marked car in.

The Jinx

If it comes back a 3rd time youll have every right to expect a new one. (if theyre faults in the manufacturing, and not those created by the dealership)

If not, go to another dealer. Its under manufacturers warranty for 2 year so you can have it done anywhere

They are now faults created by the dealership.

They have admitted the new gearbox install was very sub-standard. But why should I accept a car with mis-aligned bonnet, badly fitted front bumper, knocking noise (they suspect engine mounts) grease in interior, scratches on roof. The same dealer did some warranty spray work and the front wings are now a different shade of blue ! The engine compartment is soo dirty and greasy it looks like a 10 yr old car. There is more !

J.

Mr2 Roadster

I think we should act as a group and contact someone like watchdog, theyed love to have 250+ Loyal and repeat Renault owners all turn up with Clios on an air field having singed a petition...

Someone would have to do something if that many people did something!

The Jinx

Get on to Autoexpress. A word from them that the incidents will be reported in their mag usually does the trick in getting things sorted.

Id be wanting a spankers new one TBH. And arranged through another dealership.

Might be a good idea to speak to trading standards as well.

The Jinx

Id go along and sign a petition. The service I was given when buying my ex-demo Clio was apalling.

The handbrake handle was virtually falling off and they said, "oh just bring it in next week when were not that busy."

Take a day off work? For a job that prolly wont be done properly? Err. No.

Got me dads socket set and did it meself.

Quote: Originally posted by lordlucan on 10 July 2003

Whitehouse Renault in Tonbridge

They were done recently by Trading Standards for overcharging !! They sent a marked car in.
Whats your name and registration? I know the owner and manager of whitehouse..ill have a word. What person in Tonbridge is dealing with you?

Thanks

-Rob

Remember though, the build of the car is Renaults fault, if Whitehouse Tonbridge are genuinly having difficulties (which i doubt theyd like to admit) then theres not much they can do. What are you actually annoyed with, the length of time its taking?

-Rob

172, Tiguan

I found the Reno dealership in Tunbridge Wells better than the one in Tonbridge, though was more expensive.

Now i use Crawley Down, Friendly but just as bad.....

...... and i tried Baldocks, just outside of Haywards Heath, they didnt do anything.......

Im running out of local dealerships!

Clio v6

Something like :

Dear AutoExpress , EVO, Top Gear, etc....

"We here at ClioSport.net are all owners of shyty Renaults that fall apart and are mostly unroadworthy. "

"Why not pop down to your nearest Renault dealer today?" Dont forget to visit http://www.Cliosport.netwww.Cliosport.net "

Also, remember to ask the major magazines if they would like a Cliosport flier and maybe put our banner on their website.

Maybe it would need to be worded in a slightly different way?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Might be best fo the club if we dont upset renault

Maybe if we could arrange a meeting with someone from renault uk.

Talk to them, not at them.

Thanks Rob

Jason Hubble

RA52 Bxx

Dealer Principal - Peter Holmes (although he wont take my calls or respond to my letters)

The whole dealership know me now ! I was told by the service dept that they are very embarrassed about the whole affair.

My car is there now and will be collected on Sat.

Should I expect some type of compensation ?

Thanks all.

Mr2 Roadster

Come on, lets do it, we are a big force to be reconded with and if it all goes tits up Jas can use the membership dosh for the lawsuit!!!

Clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by tomclio1.2 on 10 July 2003

Maybe if we could arrange a meeting with someone from renault uk.

Talk to them, not at them.
An excellent piece of advice Tom. I did exacly that, and managed to get a FULL refund on my crappy VTS having put up with the rubbish for almost a year.

Rob

The dealership are causing all the problems ! most minor I admit but why should I have to keep taking the car back...

Such a shame as the guys in the service dept are great. When I collected the car the first time I took a crate of beer in for them to thank them for the work they had done on my behalf. ie with Renault UK in getting a new box and in keeping me updated !

172 Cup

Do what I threatened to do before I finally got a response. Tell them you will post notices in your car window listing all the faults and park it outisde the dealership every weekend (busy periods) until you get a satisfactory response.

Worked for me!

Clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by nickyb121 on 10 July 2003

Come on, lets do it, we are a big force to be reconded with and if it all goes tits up Jas can use the membership dosh for the lawsuit!!!
Lawsuit? Newsuit more like. ;)

PS> Ill be back when my forum ban expires.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Hey im for parking the car in the showroom and clamping it.

But the very best thing to do is to talk to renault uk once one person from cliosport makes a diffrence, then mentioning cliosport will strike fear into the hearts of renault.

Mr2 Roadster

Quote: Originally posted by dash on 10 July 2003

Quote: Originally posted by nickyb121 on 10 July 2003

Lawsuit? Newsuit more like. ;)

Lmao!!!

This is supposed to be serious!!!

PS> Ill be back when my forum ban expires.

LMAO!!!

This is supposed to be serious!

172 Cup

"But the very best thing to do is to talk to renault uk once one person from cliosport makes a diffrence, then mentioning cliosport will strike fear inot the hearts of renault."

I mentioned Cliosport.net in all my letters saying we had prospective buyers of all Renaults asking our advice all the time;)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

No i mean go to the top

arrange a meeting with the head of renault uk

but dont upset them.

Mr2 Roadster

Where are they based Tom?

We should set up a standard email and all send it to him on a set day?

Quote: Originally posted by griff_90 on 10 July 2003

Do what I threatened to do before I finally got a response. Tell them you will post notices in your car window listing all the faults and park it outisde the dealership every weekend (busy periods) until you get a satisfactory response.
Worked for me!
Quality idea! Genius!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Renault UK Limited

The Rivers Office Park
Denham Way
Maple Cross
Hertfordshire
WD3 9YS
Press Office Tel: 01923 697544
Press Office Fax: 01923 697683

Do not just email with a complaint.

Do not do it on behalf of cliosport (talk to J first se what he says)

Mr2 Roadster

I agree with Tom, this needs to be done/co-ordinated properly or we will look like the monkeys they employ!

172, Tiguan

Im now on first name terms with the entire service department at my local garage. However i feel sorry for them, they are trying their best...

It seems to be shoddy build in the first place and mechanics that dont seem to care about the work they do.

Havent even got my new Cup yet, but im gonna pre-book it in for all the faults that i know the thing is gonna have.

Quote: Originally posted by lordlucan on 10 July 2003

Thanks Rob

Jason Hubble

RA52 Bxx

Dealer Principal - Peter Holmes (although he wont take my calls or respond to my letters)

The whole dealership know me now ! I was told by the service dept that they are very embarrassed about the whole affair.

My car is there now and will be collected on Sat.

Should I expect some type of compensation ?

Thanks all.

Well hopefully ill speak to Pat tonight and ask about this Peter Holmes.

Maybe you should email him saying that "youre good friends with Pat, i.e your boss". I only have to mention his name at my dealership and i get treated like royalty.

Im not sure about compensation, as on paper they have done nothing wrong, its whether they choose to fulfill some kind of goodwill gesture for being awkward, ill give it a go.

-Rob

Golf 1.4 TSI

lordlucan my number plate starts with RA and as I bought it second hand was wondering what location RA was, any ideas?

Golf 1.4 TSI

cheers, mine was probably just registered there as i found out the other day that it was actually an import, still trying to sort it out:(

No problems with imports. They all have 2yrs warranty now with the EU ruling.

My last car was a Scooby, kept her for 2years with no problems and did 20k and lost 3grand when I sold her... Miss the Turbo rush, although mine was no where near standard !! The only problem I had was getting the DVLC to change the log book to Registered as new. They changed it in the end.

J

Just spoke to the dealership and my car will not be ready for the weekend. They have replaced the engine mounts and still have a knocking noise. The initial gearbox install must have been a bad one.