ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help with 16s on a non-16v

Cant decide what size wheels to go for.

I know 15s with a 195/45 tyre would be pretty much the same rolling diameter as what Ive got now. (165/60/14) Except for the extra width. But I shouldnt have any trouble with scrubbing even after I slam it.

On the other hand every time I am about to order some wheels, I think that they are only 1" bigger than what Ive got already (14" RSi style alloys) and so maybe I should go for 16s instead.

What I need to know is how much trouble will I have fitting 6.5x16" alloys in an ET 35-37 offset to my standard arched clio?

Also how much can I/should I lower it by?

Thanks for any help with my decision making!

I am also considering wheel size- at the mo i have 15" 195/45/15 venoms- the car is 60mm lowered on PI springs and standard shocks- i am considering gettin 195/45/15 tsw reflex or 195/45/16, BUT i am also getting new AVO coilovers with adjustable ride height and damping rate, will the new suspension aid in having 16s, or should i just stick to the new suspension with 15s?????? Views please. Chris

check out

members.lycos.co.uk/robsclio69

I have a RT with 16s lowered 55mm front and 70mm rear, only real thing I had to add was 16v front arches

How much do they rub at the back?

How wide are they and have they slowed the car down much?

Do you think if I went for a 40mm drop I would get any probs?

It rubs a little on the back but am getting the rolled while its on the bodyshop so I let you know after that. A 40mm drop will be fine

They will fly on and your car will go as low as you want with 195/40/16 tyres. BUT these are expensive little babies!

With 195/45/16s I think you will have little or no problems, even if you really slam it. I know a few clios (non 16v) on 16s and they have had no trouble..

Why not go for some 16s with some of the new Dunlop 195/40/16s they are quite expensive but worth it if you want looks aswell as performance and practicality.

Dazz